Darling International Canada Inc. is Canada's largest provider of rendering and recycling services to the food industry. Operating six processing facilities across Canada. Darling provides essential services for the efficient and environmentally responsible management of collecting, processing, and recycling edible and inedible animal by-products. Darling Ingredients is committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality, and excellent customer service.
We currently have an opportunity for a reliable and conscientious individual to join our team as a 3rd or 2nd Class Licensed Power Engineer at our Winnipeg Location, Reporting to the Chief Engineer. As a member of the operations team, the incumbent will oversee all aspects of power plant operation, work closely with other operations employees in the Production, Wastewater and Maintenance departments and collaborate with Production Supervisors keep pace with expected production requirements in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
SCHEDULE AND PAY RATE:
- 12 hour Rotating Continental Shifts
- 2nd Class- $52 per hour, 3rd Class- $45 per hour
- Shifts premiums for afternoons $0.85 and $1.25 for weekend
- Overtime pay is available after 40 hours within one week
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Educational Assistance Programs, Scholarship Programs and Apprenticeship Programs.
- Overtime pay
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Uniforms provided.
- Safety Shoe / Boot program.
- Benefits Plan, including Life Insurance, Disability and Health, Dental and Vision.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid time off and Sick leave
- Oversee all aspects including safe efficient operation and maintenance of a 1st class high pressure steam plant, compressor systems, cooling tower, air makeup units, air quality control facilities and other related equipment.
- Maintenance of boilers, water, steam distribution system, and compressed air system.
- Strong engagement in the Health and Safety program within the facility, perform pre-task inspection, report any hazard and take corresponding action(s).
- Support the facility energy management and reduction program.
- Maintain and operate High-pressure Boilers within design specification of Temperature and Pressure
- Water test and maintain critical parameters within specified rang in Boiler water, feed water and cooling water
- Perform routine walk around and reporting deficiencies, problems to chief engineer
- Maintain an accurate logbook of all activities, and log sheets analyzing data and taking corrective actions
- Check and maintain accurate inventories for all Utilities replenishable including but not limited to Chemicals, Reagents and testing equipment.
- Maintain work area in a clean and functional condition
- Assist the shift supervisor and operators in diagnosing process problems, including reset motor starters, motor soft starts and Variable Frequency Drives in the absence of the plant electricians.
- Valid 2nd Class Power Engineer Certificate or 3rd Class with significant progress towards 2nd Class
- Minimum 3 - 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude with above average troubleshooting skills.
- Pipe fitter or millwright experience is an asset
- Experience with boilers, cooling towers, and other related equipment.
- Experience in operation of air quality control system is preferred.
- Experience in project management and new boiler commissioning is an asset.
- Must be reliable, punctual, team player, and self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Willing to work overtime
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Self-motivated person that is able to complete assignments on time with little to no supervision.
Darling Ingredients is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities where our facilities are located. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a manufacturing environment. Darling Ingredients is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with provincial accessibility legislation. The Human Resources Contact responsible for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45.00-$52.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Are you available to work 12 hour Rotating Continental Shifts?
Work Location: In person