Location: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Edmonton/Calgary, AB
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Corporate Human Resources Manager
Founded in 1950 by Sam Bailey, The Bailey Group of Companies (BGC) is a family-owned and operated Canadian company recognized as an industry leader. With manufacturing locations in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia, the BGC has grown tremendously over the past 70+ years, producing roll-formed products and providing steel slitting services for the commercial and residential construction industry. Our people, products, and industry are our pride while innovation and our customers are at the core of our business. Our associates are the key to achieving our vision of being the leaders in this industry, which is why we work hard to create a safe and healthy work environment where associates can achieve growth and development. Apply now, for this exciting opportunity!
Why Join Our Team?
- Market competitive remuneration package
- Employer paid comprehensive benefit package
- RRSP matching program
- Education support program
- On the job training
- Employee referral program
- Personal protective equipment allowance
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to day-to-day operations of the Human Resources (HR) and Health and Safety (HS) of both the Prairie Divisions. The incumbent will assist with the development and implementation of policy, recruitment, orientation and training, benefits, health and safety and other areas as directed. This position will provide effective HR and HS support services to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Support Corporate HR Manager and H & S Manager with all transactional HR and HS related functions.
- Respond to internal and external HR and HS related inquiries from employees, department managers, government agencies (EI, WSIB, etc.) and other parties.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive employee records.
- Manage full cycle recruitment process by consulting with Hiring Managers to determine the appropriate recruitment strategy for each new role from start to finish.
- Assist with the development of HR and HS policies and procedures.
- Distribute HR and HS policies, procedures and memorandums to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Help to ensure corporate wide compliance with HR and HS policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Conduct Safety Talks on a regular basis as directed by the HR department.
- Report all incidents and assist with necessary investigation and ensure implementation of all recommendations.
- Provide input for corporate newsletter on HR and HS related programs.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned.
What you’ll need:
- College Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources Administration or equivalent.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretionary skills.
- Ability to travel between both Alberta business units
- Office environment
- Occasional walkthroughs of manufacturing floor
Learn more about us at https://www.bmp-group.com/. To apply, submit your resume to [email protected] with the position title included in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing and maintaining a fair, equitable, and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.