The Mustard Seed, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting marginalized individuals, is seeking a motivated and compassionate Wellness Centre Receptionist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for being the first point of contact for clients and visitors to the Wellness Centre, which provides a wide range of services including advocacy, counselling, tax, and ID clinics. As the Wellness Centre Receptionist, you will play a critical role in supporting our guests to access the resources and support they need to improve their overall well-being. Your compassion, professionalism, and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously will be instrumental in ensuring that all clients, visitors, and staff receive a warm welcome and the assistance they require. By utilizing a trauma-informed approach, you will help triage clients and connect them to appropriate resources, contributing to our mission of building hope and well-being for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
Type of Employment: Part-time position, 20 hours per week
Reporting to: Health & Wellness Supervisor
Location: The Wellness Centre, Medicine Hat, AB
- Greet clients and visitors to The Mustard Seed
- Triage and book appointments for clients with programs as needed
- Process referrals for all clinical and non-clinical services at the Wellness Centre
- Ensure computerized appointment system is up-to-date
- Respond and/or redirect all patient and visitor requests accordingly
- Perform client intakes and set-up new clients into the computer system
- Ensure correspondence, reports, results, etc. are filed electronically in correct client record
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat and tidy
- Re-stock information leaflets as appropriate
- Answer phone calls in a polite and courteous manner as well as track, log, and transfer phone calls accordingly
- Greet, oversee and monitor volunteer & guest activities within the Wellness Centre
- Train students, staff, and volunteers on front desk tasks when needed
- Perform clerical duties
- Provide crisis intervention as required
- Track statistics, prepare reports, attend training as required
- Experience as a Receptionist or Office Assistant, preferably in a medical setting or in an environment assisting with vulnerable people
- Diploma or certificate in related field
- Strong people and communication skills
- Knowledge of mental illness and addictions preferred
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent customer service skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a highly collaborative team
- Strong desire to work with a marginalized population.
- This position is part time, working 20 hours weekly. The schedule of hours will be decided upon by the Wellness Receptionist and the Health and Wellness Supervisor and are subject to change.
- The working environment for this position requires moderate amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, carrying, and daily interactions with colleagues and clients.
- This position is often fast-paced and requires a focused amount of mental effort to analyze information and problem solve.
- An Employment Background Check is required for all positions at The Mustard Seed
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package for permanent part-time employees including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents.
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect is used solely for consideration for employment.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.
- Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.