The Welded Tube of Canada Group of Companies is a diversified steel pipe and tube producer with annual production capacity of 700,000 tons.
Headquartered in Concord, Ontario, Canada, Welded Tube owns and operates five manufacturing and finishing facilities strategically located in Canada and the U.S. to ideally serve the North American marketplace.
Founded in 1970, Welded Tube has three divisions: Energy Tubulars (OCTG), ERW Mechanical and HSS.
Through continued investment in state of the art equipment, technology and operating systems, Welded Tube and its employees are recognized as industry leaders in each of their three business groups. Their commitment to providing excellence in product quality, service and ultimate value to a diversified customer base is unassailable.
Our success has been possible through our number one asset: the Welded Tube team. We employ more than 700 employees across Canada and the US.
Our goal is to attract and retain the best talented, reliable and motivated individuals who are committed to upholding the standard of excellence Welded Tube has come to be recognized for by our industry.
We offer a safe working environment with the opportunity for career growth and development, along with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Are you ready to be part of Welded Tube’s professional, world-class team? Apply today!
Shipping coordinators coordinate the shipping and receiving activities at 541 Bowes Road Warehouse & Distribution facility, based on customer shipping plans created by the Transportation Coordinators or Logistics Planning department and the AS400 unload report.
Shipping coordinators also support split mill/541 shipments in coordinating movements of inventory to ensure our products are shipped on time and in full.
Coordinators work in a fast-paced environment and give direction to 9 shunters and the tarp bay coordinating up to 60 incoming and outgoing trucks per day.
1. Act as a liaison between 541, the transportation coordinators, shunters, mill operations and 541 Supervisors.
2. Construct and execute a shipping plan to support customer shipments, along with a 541 receiving plan to support an efficient flow of goods.
3. Identify problems or exceptions proactively and facilitate creative and efficient solutions.
4. Document and communicate carrier-related exceptions to appropriate team members.
5. Communicate with Production, Distribution and Sales teams as needed to ensure on-time delivery and/or communication to the customer.
6. Prioritize orders based on importance and delivery date, and cost (not always in that order)
7. Work with customer service/sales/dispatch/Supervisors on rush or hot orders
8. Adhere to and comply with all applicable company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Post-secondary education in logistics, business or related preferred.
2. Transportation planning or scheduling experience.
3. Strong Writing/verbal communication.
4. Understanding of inventory and inventory control processes.
5. Working knowledge of AS400 ERP system an asset.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
This position requires shift work – must be available and flexible to work a rotating shift schedule every two weeks between days, afternoons and midnight shift schedules, including occasional overtime as required.
Shift #1: 6:00am to 2:20pm Monday through Friday
Shift #2: 2:20pm to 10:40pm Monday through Friday
Shift #3: 10:40pm to 6:00am Monday through Friday
1. Professional, cooperative attitude and behaviour.
2. Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and written.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with front line workers, management, suppliers and customers, and function as an effective team member.
4. Excellent problem-solving skills following effective and proven methodology such as Root Cause Analysis.
5. Strong decision-making skills and exercising good judgement.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work independently and in a team, and be resourceful.
8. Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
9. Detail oriented, efficient and accurate.
10. Strong computer and keyboarding skills.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Welded Tube of Canada Corp. is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,254.00-$80,573.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Warehouse: 3 years (preferred)
- Forklift Licence (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (required)
- Overnight Shift (required)
Work Location: In person