Life At Covers
We’re a top digital media company in the sports betting industry, with a clear sense of purpose and a belief that success comes from the strength of our team and our culture.
When we offer a place on our team, it comes with a few promises:
- You’ll be part of an all-star team. Work and learn with people who are the best in their field, and who bring ambition and compassion in equal measure.
- We take care of each other. We know that you bring your best when you bring your whole self to work. We’re a wholehearted, inclusive team that invests in well-being and belonging.
- When you grow, we grow. We’re a rapidly growing company so ample opportunity exists here, and we hold a firm belief that when we’re all growing, we all win.
- You’ll do work that matters. We believe in meaningful work. In part it’s the impact we have and in part it’s the freedom and ownership in our work and pursuit of our passions.
We make these promises because we want to be a place where you can do your best work, as part of a truly exceptional team. In return, we expect that you’ll seek out opportunities to contribute, grow and create. That you’ll bring your A-game and keep building on it, with humility and eagerness to learn. That you’ll soak up our expertise and teach us yours. And that you’ll truly enjoy being here, with us.
What Matters Most To Us:
We understand that our industry is usually associated with a non-diverse persona. We’ve created, and continue to improve on being, a workplace and community that brings fun, experience and opportunities for all.
We welcome people of any gender, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other self-identifying group. It’s more important to us that you love who you are and bring that to thrive here, than loving sports (although we don’t discourage playful sports banter, puns and competition!).
Why You Want This Role
The FP&A Manager role is a key hire that will play an integral role in Covers growth story. This role is tasked with the mandate to build and provide strong FP&A services in collaboration with local senior leadership and the global group.
Strong business acumen, ability to influence and make sound recommendations as well as build and maintain solid relationships with stakeholders are key success factors in this role.
The FP&A Manager role will report to the GM with additional responsibility to the Group’s Head of FP&A.
What You’ll Do
- Be the primary finance partner for the GM and CPO of Covers; and advise and guide the leadership team
- Lead and manage the financial planning and budgeting process for the business including the forecasting model
- Develop and maintain ownership of weekly, monthly and seasonal financial reporting with associated commentary where necessary
- Develop a deep understanding of the underlying drivers of business performance and use that knowledge to help identify opportunities and mitigate risks
- Support business decision-making to maximize EBITDA through strong analysis and actionable insight
- Maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders across partnerships, business analytics, finance ops, marketing and strategy
- Support FP&A processes, data and system improvements
- Drive continuous improvement of financial forecast systems, methodology and process.
- Support M&A activities, providing value-added financial support during due diligence and help support post-acquisition integration, where necessary
- Ad hoc support for commercial projects and global FP&A team
What You'll Bring
- Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CPA or equivalent required
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, including at least three years in an FP&A/commercial finance role
- Exceptional data-driven decision-making skills and the ability to influence decision-makers
- Ability to motivate and drive results
- Able to work effectively across organizational lines and promotes an effective team-based environment with employees and management at all levels of the organization Sets a high standard for own work and ensures high-quality outcomes are achieved
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications with advanced skills in Excel (including modeling)
- Experience with SAP, Power BI, Google Analytics and Tableau would be considered an asset Experience in a digital media, gaming or technology company is an asset
What We Can Do For You
- Competitive base salary
- Performance-based annual discretionary bonus
- 4 weeks’ vacation, public holidays off, birthday off
- Health and dental benefits
- 5% company-matched pension contributions
- Self-driven yearly training budget so you can continue to grow professionally
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture
We are trusted to level-up every sports betting experience.
We are a market-leading brand that elevates the experience of sports betting. With over 25 years of expertise and reputable, compliant operations, we’re built on solid foundations and now we want to elevate the experience of the betting industry and everyone who plays in it. We see a bright future where every bettor feels confident, entertained, safe and empowered to make better decisions. Our brand makes this happen by fueling thriving sports betting communities; our expertise, insights and love of the game are just a few reasons why people choose us.
We’re in for a big next season. Our platforms get over 20 million visitors a year, and we’re the go-to source for sports betting information and conversation in North America. We’ve doubled the size of our company in 12 months and plan to keep growing so we become the bright future we see.
Covers.com is serviced by NS Sports Media Pros Ltd., a related company that specializes in professional services and is located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $95,000.00-$112,000.00 per year
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Halifax, NS B3S 1A7