What is Voyageur Aviation Corp.?
Unfamiliar with what we do? No worries, we've got you covered!
At Voyageur Aviation Corp., we deliver innovative solutions to customers with unique aviation requirements. We are an integrated provider of specialized aviation services, including, advanced engineering and maintenance capabilities, part sales and logistics management, aircraft leasing, and contract flying operations both internationally and domestically supporting humanitarian missions, cargo, and workforce movements to remote communities. Our headquarters are in North Bay, Ontario, and we are a wholly owned subsidiary of Chorus Aviation Inc.
What we offer and what makes us special:
- We stand out as a leading company engaged in exceptionally distinctive projects, spanning captivating destinations worldwide, and collaborating with extraordinary and exclusive clients.
- We can turn your wildest imagination into reality, whether it's complete plane restructuring and modernization, complex maintenance, or a comprehensive plane redesign.
- Our team comprises the best, with unparalleled expertise. No one else on Earth can match what we achieve. We are true pioneers in avionic technology.
- Abundant growth opportunities await you here. Our employees choose to stay for the long term, thriving in a culture of continuous learning and boundless possibilities.
- We've got you covered! Our comprehensive benefits program is employer-paid and includes extended health care, out-of-country insurance, as well as life and disability coverage.
- Additionally, we offer a retirement pension plan, an employee and family assistance plan, and participation in the Employee Share Ownership Plan (TSX: CHR).
Direct Entry Captain King Air 200
As a key member of the Flight Operations team, the Captain (King Air BE20) will report to the Director, Flight Operations and will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of our King Air BE20 fleet at our Air Ambulance base in Moncton, NB. Allow yourself the opportunity to work on Canada's beautiful east coast!
Explore your next role:
- Safely operate company aircraft as the Pilot-in-Command, ensuring the security of the passengers, crew, aircraft, and cargo.
- Responsible for briefing crew on planned operation of the aircraft, route to be flown, and any operational concerns.
- Supervise and delegate responsibilities to Crew Members directly under their command.
- Ensure parameters for operational control are maintained throughout flights.
- Maintain on-time performance and accomplish flight objectives.
- Liaise with Voyageur’s Dispatch department, ATC, FSS, and customers.
- Ensure all necessary maps, charts, and navigation equipment and readily available on the aircraft.
- Review, amend, and complete operational paperwork, Operational Flight Plans, and manuals as needed.
- Lead safety briefings and simulated emergency scenarios.
- Responsible for the safety and security of crew, aircraft, and cargo.
- Proactively utilize Voyageur’s Safety and Risk Management system.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, air regulations, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain qualifications required to crew King Air BE20 aircraft.
Your Distinctive Ingredients for Success (Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered):
- Possess a valid Canadian ATPL.
- Minimum 2,000 hours total flight time.
- Minimum 500 hours of Multi-Engine Pilot-in-Command time.
- Minimum 200 hours of time on King Air series (100, 200, 300/350) aircraft.
- Valid BE20 or BE30 Type Rating an asset.
- MEDEVAC/Air Ambulance experience is considered an asset.
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and ability to identify solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willing to work a flexible rotation schedule.
- Possess a valid passport and be able to travel internationally unrestricted.
Previous Pilot experience is required such as: Pilot, BE20, King Air, Aviation, First Officer, Airline, Medevac, etc.
You must be legally eligible to work for a Canadian company (e.g., be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or possess a valid work permit), provide a clear Criminal Background Check, and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
You belong here!
Voyageur Aviation Corp. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Charlottetown, PE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- pilot licence with minimum 200 hours time on King Air series (required)
- BE20 or BE30 Type Rating (preferred)
- Transport Canada issued ATPL (required)
- pilot licence with minimum 500 hours multi-engine PIC time (required)
- pilot licence with minimum 2000 hours total time (required)
Work Location: In person