Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP) is an accredited, not-for-profit charitable organization, supporting children, youth and families with mental health and/or youth justice issues. AYSP’s team of professionals bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development. AYSP provides a client-centered, strength-based approach to engage in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners, using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
We are currently seeking Therapists to join the following programs:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Program (DBT) (https://www.aysp.ca/programs/dialectical-behaviour-therapy/)
- Multisystemic Therapy Program (MST) (https://www.aysp.ca/programs/multisystemic-therapy-mst/)
Head office in Peel Region. The MST Program requires travel within Peel, Halton and Dufferin Regions.
OPSEU Local 592
Hours of Work:
35 hours a week (Days & Evenings)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Devise and deliver assessment and treatment plans in conjunction with the client
- Conduct in-person therapy sessions and occasional virtual sessions as required (in person may be office-based, home-based and/or in the community)
- DBT Program: plan, organize, and co-facilitate DBT multi-family skills groups and DBT youth only skills groups
- Work collaboratively with other professionals involved with clients
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of assessments, progress reports, case notes, discharge summaries and statistical information
- Participate in weekly team consultation and monthly clinical individual supervision
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Support the 24-hour phone coaching/on-call system, on a rotational basis
- Transport clients in own vehicle, if required by specific program
- Participate in training and certification specific to the program
- A Master of Social Work Degree or other comparable Post Graduate Degree in a related field
- Registration within the professional regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) in good standing is required
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience working with youth and families with mental health needs
- Knowledge of and experience with Trauma-informed Practice, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Mindfulness, Crisis Intervention, Exposure Therapy, Structural and Strategic Family Therapies and Behaviour Therapy
- Experience in group facilitation with youth and parents/caregivers for the DBT Program
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a Class G Ontario Driver’s License is a requirement for the MST Program
- Fluency in French and other languages is considered an asset
$58,976 - $68,805
Why Join our Team?
We offer an excellent compensation package with a strong focus on health and wellness. We offer our employees:
- Flexible work schedule
- 3 weeks accrued paid vacation and 5 personal days per year
- Compensation for on-call responsibilities is generously provided
- Excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage and Employee Assistance Program
- Registered Retirement Savings plan
- Comprehensive Clinical Supervision and regular consultation with evidence-based practice experts
- Professional development opportunities within the agency
- Employer-paid staff training and development
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
(mailto: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Individuals with these qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp (https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp). These positions will be posted until September 22, 2023 at 5:00 pm.