The Quality Engineer’s role is to assist the organization in monitoring and reporting on quality issues in the plant.
Required Experience, Education, and Skills:
- Oversee plant ISO 9001, 14001 & 17025 compliance including: serve as internal lead auditor; promote ISO awareness throughout the plant; advise AirBoss managers on improvements to procedures, work instructions, documentation, auditing, training and record keeping.
- Facilitate actions and improvements resulting from internal audits
- Quality Control inspections throughout the plant including finished goods, WIP & raw materials, as required
- Support control of non-conforming raw materials area and support disposition as checked.
- Initiate and complete Process Flow diagrams, Control Plans, FMEA’s, and Value Stream Mapping (asset 16949 auditor).
- Initiate and complete PPAP packages for Automotive customers.
- Initiate and complete containment, root cause analysis and corrective action requests for Internal and Customer Non-Conformances
- Co-ordinate all customer quality returns including samples, receiving, inventory transactions, and accurate credits with approvals.
- Document Control through QPulse
- Perform measurement system analysis, including statistical process control, gauge R&R studies and capability studies.
- Actively seek to resolve ongoing quality issues by collaborating with the Production and Technical groups to identify problems and initiate viable solutions.
- Is a safety advocate; leads by example by complying with all plant and Occupational Health and Safety policies. (asset ISO 45001 auditor)
- Actively participate as team leader/member on initiated improvement Projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- College or University science related diploma/degree or equivalent experience in the rubber industry
- Proficient in Airboss software ie QPulse, IFS, PI
- Any related Training and Courses
- Leadership skills
- Good Computer skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods an asset
- Good communication skills