About Restaurant Brands International:
Restaurant Brands International Inc. is one of the world's largest quick service restaurant companies with more than $35 billion in annual system-wide sales and ~30,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. RBI owns four of the world's most prominent and iconic quick service restaurant brands – BURGER KING®, TIM HORTONS®, POPEYES® and FIREHOUSE SUBS®. These independently operated brands have been serving their respective guests, franchisees, and communities for decades. Through its Restaurant Brands for Good framework, RBI is improving sustainable outcomes related to its food, the planet, and people and communities.
We are currently hiring for someone to lead all franchising efforts for Tim Hortons in Quebec. This is a unique opportunity to join a market leading Brand and to participate in its development by recruiting high quality franchisees that will shape the future of Tim Hortons in the province. The position will report directly to the General Manager – Quebec and will be based in Montreal or Quebec City, mostly remote, but with regular meetings happening in person at our Montreal office.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of the new franchisee pipeline, sourcing candidates and leading them through the process to their on-boarding in the first few weeks of their restaurant ownership. This includes working with our internal and external partners and participate in events organized by trade associations in all areas of the province in order to optimize our candidate pipeline. This person will also be responsible for ensuring timely and successful execution of restaurant transactions in Quebec.
- Build relationships with local business networks and potential candidates, especially in more remote markets in Quebec
- Vet new franchising candidates for the Quebec market through incoming leads and carry them through the franchising process
- Leverage relationships to bring additional quality candidates through the pipeline
- Manage end-to-end onboarding process of new Franchisees for Tim Hortons QC
- Build acquisition packages to propose to new/existing candidates
- Participate in weekly transaction meetings with internal stakeholders
- Manage restaurant acquisitions in the province to ensure deadlines are met
- Support new Franchisee's Restaurant operations in initial weeks post-acquisition
Competencies / Requirements
- Financial acumen
- P&L knowledge
- Ability to work independently and strong relationship management
- Ability to travel to remote market to meet/source potential candidates (20-30% of the time)
- Restaurant or franchise industry knowledge is an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience
What we offer
- Opportunity to join Canada's most loved brand
- This is a new position that will give the ideal candidate the opportunity to have a strong and lasting influence on the franchisee landscape for Tim Hortons in QC
- Ability to interact with multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Join a team that values performance and teamwork
- Flexibility in organizing the day-to-day priorities, focusing on driving tangible results in the market
- Full training on restaurant operations
- High performance and dynamic team
- Ability to work remotely
- Company car
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.