Employer: Investopedia Canada
Position: Manager of Data Services
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Employment Address: 4208 97 Street NW, Suite #200, Edmonton, AB T6E-5Z9
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Flexible vacation, medical/dental/vision options, pet insurance, RRSP pension plan, tuition reimbursement, charity gift matching, huge discounts to wireless/gym/travel/much more. Our office has free snacks, catered lunch, and more.
Salary: $169,387.53 CAD annually
Contact: please send resumes to [email protected] and include "Manager of Data Services" in the email subject line.
Home to the iconic Ask.com website, Ask Media Group is a collection of websites that help curious people find the information they need. Our growing portfolio of websites helps our users discover everything from bathrobes to tax forms, and we thrive on the challenge of developing a wide variety of sites that address everyday questions, no matter how large or small. Our team knows how to not only create but profitably grow digital properties to meaningful scale, touching the lives of millions of people each day. Ask Media Group is owned and operated by IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
The Manager of Data Services will work in an agile environment interacting with multiple technologies and business areas, designing and developing next generation big data and data insights platforms and related services. This person will work with a diverse team of machine learning engineers and analytics professionals to define strategy and explore solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. As a leader, you will excel at the team's mission to provide high quality service and results while cultivating an environment that motivates engineers to perform and innovate to the best of their abilities.
- Planning, organizing, directing, and architecting solutions, cross finance, marketing, analytics and product, to build trust in our data and deliver on a data driven business.
- Developing and implementing data models and policies for data processing and usage across the different verticals in the company
- Overseeing and ensuring Analytics, Data Science and product engineering teams are able to accurately and efficiently derive business effectiveness from the data.
- Provide leadership and management to a team of data engineers. You'll split your time between unblocking your team, vetting their designs, and coaching them to realize their full potential
- Working as an architect on a robust, reliable, and scalable data pipeline, bringing maintainable cloud centric performant solutions
- Ensuring accuracy of data and working to identify and mitigate recurring issues
- Collaborating with the data science team to build services that effectively use our data and insights within
- Translating business concepts into technical solutions that align with stakeholders' needs
- Helping tune performance and scalability of big data applications while optimizing on cost
- Helping create strategic roadmap surrounding the big data and analytics space
- Researching and evaluating new tools and technologies to solve complex business problems
- Ensuring applications and systems that are built and released are compliant with security and audit standards
- Exhibiting interest and tenacity in exploring key opportunities for next generation technologies and developing prototypes to demonstrate product ideas
- 7+ years of industry experience with focus on cloud technologies, object-oriented or functional programming.
- 2+ years of experience managing technical teams, preferably around big data, data modeling, scalable services and data insights.
- Strong engineering skills with a solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals, high performance data structures and algorithms, object-oriented concepts, Java and Python–
- Capable of building stable and scalable high-performance services
- Experience designing and evaluating heuristics to deal with machine learning, and databases
- Strong interest and tenacity for identifying problems and developing innovative solutions.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with GitLab
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, diagram and document
- Bonus points if you have experience with Kubernetes workflows, AWS, Spark, data modeling and machine learning
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.