Field Aviation (aka Field Aerospace) has been providing specialized services to the international aerospace industry for over 70 years. We’re one of the oldest, most knowledgeable and most experienced aircraft companies in North America serving private and public sector clients since 1947. We have over 500 employees across 4 North American locations. Our corporate office is in Cincinnati, Ohio and our engineering and manufacturing locations are based in Oklahoma City, Toronto, and Calgary. As a market innovator, we're committed to constantly meeting new requirements and technological opportunities by always adapting to embrace the dramatic changes the world of aviation has undergone. We’re looking for a Purchases/Expeditor Contractor to take flight with us. This position will be located on-site based out of our Toronto office.
Procure all material, parts and services as required to ensure accurate and timely delivery to in line with department schedules while meeting or exceeding cost targets
Essential Job Functions
- Review baseline budget/historic cost and confirm prices of known purchased materials and services;
- Set up material baseline budget in the project summary report;
- Maintain the actual, committed, forecasted/historic costs for materials and purchased services;
- Work with the management team to schedule, order and ensure delivery of materials and services in a cost effective manner;
- Generate requests for quote as required, to support the department requirements;
- Ensure required materials are purchased and expedited in a timely manner and made available in accordance with schedule;
- Ensure price and delivery dates are agreed in advance and documented on the purchase order;
- Issue purchase orders for material and services and follow up accordingly;
- Ensure purchasing practices, pricing, material quality and delivery schedules for required materials meet company objectives;
- Ensure that procurement activities are conducted in accordance with the Maintenance/Manufacturing Policy Manual, the Quality Assurance Procedures and other company Policies and Procedures;
- Reconcile B13 customs documentation if applicable;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years’ experience in production or manufacturing control environment and inventory management processes.
- 3 years purchasing experience, preferably in the aviation industry.
- In Managing Relationship
- Negotiation and Persuasion
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communicating in writing and orally
- E1 Procurement
- High School graduate, post-secondary education an asset.
Reports to: Designated Manager
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.