Black Diamond Group owns and operates a portfolio of businesses specializing in modular buildings and remote and temporary workforce housing solutions, along with a digital marketplace for business-to-business crew travel management. We create value by providing differentiated solutions. We believe each customer and each project is unique and that we can tailor a combination of products and services that deliver an enhanced outcome. Our Way is to Create a Better Way – this is our challenge, our call to action, our why!
We believe that a clear strategic vision, with measurable objectives, along with disciplined accountability and data-based decision-making leads to successful outcomes. When we couple this approach with our values-driven, collaborative, safety conscious culture, we achieve top decile performance, deliver results, and have fun while doing it!
We offer careers, not jobs, and we strive for an environment where the best people come to work and feel rewarded for their contributions. We are a team of the best and the brightest in industry, and since our inception, we have led with a people-first approach. We give our employees ample opportunity to pursue their interests and passions and support them as their careers progress.
Black Diamond Group’s Health, Safety and Environment team have a full-time position for a Junior HSE Coordinator in Calgary or Edmonton. This position will be a Monday to Friday, in office position based out of either our Calgary or Edmonton branches. This position offers flexibility to work from home 20% of the week.
Reporting to the Health, Safety & Environment Supervisor, the Junior HSE Coordinator will possess a strong commitment to continuous improvement involving the coordination and reinforcement of policies, systems, and site operations. The HSE Coordinator is required to collaborate with management to conduct inspections, complete regular HSE audits, assist in the review of hazard assessments and conduct incident investigations when necessary.
This position requires extensive travel to Black Diamond sites in both Canada and the United States (up to but not limited to 50% travel). The successful candidate must be flexible to travel at short notice and be legally able to travel in both countries.
- Facilitate the implementation and administration of HSE policies, processes, systems and monitor compliance with all relevant legislation, rules and regulations.
- Participate in the review of HS&E performance measures, interpret results and coach staff on how to improve HS&E performance.
- Perform safety administration duties.
- Lead by demonstrating the required behaviors, attitudes, and mindset to further develop an already strong corporate safety culture.
- Provide consultation and assist in risk assessment, hazard analysis and job planning.
- Conduct safety audits, coordinate audit recommendations, and assist in the development of corrective action plans in consultation with department management.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adherence to all applicable legislation, standards, guidelines, and influence the adoption of standards when applicable.
- Maintain knowledge of current HS&E strategies, trends, and technologies by developing industry working relationships and participating in exchange groups, associations, and committees.
- Perform work in an ethical and professional manner.
- Contribute to and participate in Black Diamond HS&E team and management conference calls and meetings as required.
- Other duties, initiatives and projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Assist in prioritizing, training, and support implementation of all aspects of the field emergency response programs.
- Support the completion of timely regulatory and internal reporting of events and ensuring that the HSE Supervisor and the appropriate Manager are notified immediately of any incidents.
- Work closely with operators, contractors, vendors, and other persons to ensure that the HSE mandates and vision are adhered to at all times; any concerns are immediately raised with the HSE Supervisor.
- Experience in the Modular Asset industry or construction is an asset.
- NCSO (National Construction Safety Officer) certification preferred.
- Have a basic knowledge of common construction practices, techniques, and equipment.
- Have a basic knowledge of local government Health & Safety Acts, Policies, Regulations, Codes and Practices as they apply to the construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel & Outlook
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all personnel and Black Diamond business matters.
- Have a proven track record in enhancing an organization’s commitment to a strong safety culture and experience working in a corporate safety environment
- Self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Perform in an ethical and professional manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Black Diamond Group Limited is committed to diversity, equal opportunity and ensuring that our employees have the ability to thrive in an inclusive environment. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous status, national origin, age, disability or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request during the recruitment process.
Company: Black Diamond Group