Our client is an IT Consulting vendor to many top banks in Canada and they are looking to add multiple Azure Cloud Engineers who have a strong background with ARM and IaC.
Our client is a well-established IT Services firm, based in Toronto but with clients across Canada and the world. They are building out a very large team to work on a long term cloud project for one of Canada's top banks. These roles could turn into multi-year contracts potentially, so if you are looking for a great, high profile, long term role working with the latest technology in Azure, then you have found your perfect job!
Job Description - What You’ll Be Doing
Part of the Cloud Engineering - Azure - App Enablement team, you’ll be
- providing technical leadership and subject matter expertise to Azure related initiatives during the design, build, configuration and implementation phases.
- providing L3 support of major public/private cloud technologies and automation tooling in a multi-platform environment
- developing standard requirements and implementation plans for a rapidly evolving product and service landscape including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and network/security related solutions.
- conduct major studies regarding system usage, make recommendations for improvements, and determine Orchestration/Automation adoption opportunities
- design, develop, test and implement public/private Cloud Service capabilities to meet or exceed business demands.
- 5+ years of Azure cloud related experience
- 3+ years working with Azure Resource Manager (ARM)
- ARM Templating, including designing from scratch
- The project will be moving into Bicep language for future ARM tasks
- Native Azure DevOps pipeline experience would be important
- Experience with Multiple Azure Cloud Services
- Expert in Shell scripting; json; powershell and pipeline codes in Azure DevOps environment
- Understand Azure Resource model; IaC ,Infra as code; RBAC; IaaS/SaaS; NSG; VM; Storage Accounts; Vault
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on Azure environments
- Experience with Micro Services using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, or OpenShift
- Understand Agile practice and follow as required.
- Good documentation skills for handover to Ops team
- Basic knowledge on networking and active troubleshooting capability
- Understand GIT; branching; Different Jenkins pipelines and develop jenkins pipeline codes
- Any experience with Databricks is a bonus
Some Additional Things You Will Have:
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personable and able to work directly with customers and partners
- Must be authorized to work in Canada