Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
Are you an Intermediate Electrical Engineer seeking a new challenge with a well-established and reputable multidiscipline engineering consulting company in Ottawa? We provide engineering services in the building industry including transportation facilities, mission critical (data centres), municipal, commercial, and industrial sectors. We are team oriented and have an extensive and growing client base. We are appreciative of candidates with a willingness to learn and take on added responsibility.
- Managing projects from initial engineering design through to construction completion
- Working directly with clients
- Working towards successful projects with internal staff and other external project team members including building owners, architects, engineers, building officials, and contractors
- Detailed electrical design and specification writing
- Coordination with mechanical engineering staff
- Site investigations, surveys, and audits
- Report writing and budget costing
- Tender and contract administration
- Proficiency in English with a high level of verbal and written communication skills. French is an asset
- A recognized electrical engineering degree and license with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) as a P. Eng. And licensed in Quebec as well
- 3 years full time Canadian design experience in:
- Power Distribution
- On-site standby & emergency power generation
- Lighting (indoor and outdoor / site)
- Building services & life safety systems
- In depth knowledge of design standards and codes such as, OBC, OESC / ESA, CAN/ULC codes for life safety and emergency systems
- Experience overseeing construction projects and working with contractors/skilled trades
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit and commercial photometrics calculation software
- Working knowledge of Cloud based collaboration software, Autodesk Construction Cloud, ProjectWise, or SharePoint
- Initiative, focus and commitment to engineering excellence
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Access to transportation for off-site reviews and inspections
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Corine Tchakoute
#LI-Remote, #LI-Hybrid, #LI-Onsite