Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
The General Manager, Station Line Maintenance Operations will provide guidance, leadership and coordination for the day-to-day line maintenance operations in the hangars in YYZ. This role will directly manage and oversee planned and unplanned line maintenance activities in YYZ to ensure safe and serviceable aircrafts are provided.
Responsible to coordinate and supervise the station line maintenance activities in YYZ to provide safe, serviceable aircrafts that meet operational requirements while satisfying Transport Canada and Air Canada standards of airworthiness.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance to the Managers, Line Maintenance Operations to ensure resources are managed to meet the assigned workload and corporate schedules.
- Oversee daily aircraft maintenance operations within the station, including managing, planning, and controlling aircraft maintenance as it is performed.
- Develop and implement strategies and processes to effectively manage resources in order to meet the assigned workload and corporate schedule.
- Oversee productivity and process improvement initiatives within YYZ station line maintenance operations.
- Ensure the maintenance and development of qualifications, competencies and training for teams at the station are met.
- Ensure that teams operate in a safe environment.
- Responsible to monitor the YYZ station line maintenance budgetary costs and revenues.
- Conduct effective and efficient YYZ station line maintenance meetings (ie. daily team meetings, weekly meetings with Managers, Line Maintenance Operations, quarterly Line Mtce meetings, etc.).
- Maintain a strong understanding of the collective agreement.
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with work groups, management staff and union representatives.
- Resolve issues, problems and differences with tact and a sense of urgency.
- Manage the team concept as a leader and facilitator, while focusing on team success.
- Provide strategic management for station line maintenance functions in YYZ to ensure alignment with ACM Line Maintenance strategy (ie. KPI's, delays, etc).
- Be accountable to recognize, develop and engage talent in order to achieve high level of performance and success.
- University degree in a relevant field or an AME license with a proven background in Commercial Aviation.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a global airline environment, with demonstrated success in all areas of responsibility mentioned.
- A valid Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) for Air Canada is an asset.
- Proven leadership abilities in coaching, motivating and resolving issues.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and achievement of objectives while maintaining positive and productive working relationships within and outside the work group.
- Sound technical and working knowledge of processes, procedures and Information Technology Systems relative to the specific work area and department.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Solid work planning skills open to new concepts and process improvements.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of Line Maintenance program and procedures.
- Proficiency with PC - Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees' unique contributions to our company's success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.