Founded in 1991, the Mircom Group of Companies is North America’s largest independent designer, manufacturer and distributor of intelligent building and life safety solutions. Reaching customers in over 100 countries worldwide, our portfolio includes: fire detection & alarm, communications & security, mass notification, nurse call, and building automation & smart technologies.
Mircom’s mission is to save lives and protect property by providing a line-up of innovative and advanced solutions which are scalable to satisfy diverse user demands, from small buildings to the largest complexes. Our unwavering commitment to North American manufacturing enables us to offer the highest quality and best competitive value across our vast range of products and solutions.
- Assemble PCB boards with components as per set-up sheets.
- Perform light soldering operations.
- Inspect PCB’s after assembly.
- Connects and solders lead wires to printed circuit board.
- Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases.
- Assembles and attaches hardware such as screws, wires and switches, to assemblies.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks such as conformal coating, masking, cutting traces,, labelling assemblies.
- Performs on-line “go-no go” testing and inspection using magnifying devices and Automated Optical Inspection (AOI) machine.
- Working in a team environment to ensure smooth operations.
- Knowledge of electronic component Identification and IPC610 standards.
- Advise Supervisor or Lead Hand of any abnormal conditions
- Completion of a High School Diploma or Vocational Equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow instructions/ drawings.
- Knowledge of electronic components and assembly of systems is an asset.
- Familiar with ISO and IPC standards an asset.
- Ability/willingness to learn on the job new skills through training.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a diverse team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
What Mircom Offers:
- A great working environment
- Competitive salary
- Group Insurance benefits
- Company RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.