Senior Maintenance Technician | Newmarket, ON
Who We Are: BentallGreenOak is a leading, global real estate investment management advisor and a globally-recognized provider of real estate services. BentallGreenOak serves the interests of more than 750 institutional clients with expertise in the asset management of office, industrial, multi-residential, retail and hospitality property across the globe. BentallGreenOak has offices in 27 cities across thirteen countries with deep, local knowledge, experience, and extensive networks in the regions where we invest in and manage real estate assets on behalf of our clients in primary, secondary and co-investment markets. BentallGreenOak is a part of SLC Management, which is the institutional alternatives and traditional asset management business of Sun Life.
For more information, please visit www.bentallgreenoak.com.
BentallGreenOak promotes a corporate culture that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development, and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
The Opportunity: The Senior Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance of the property, with a goal to creating a high-level experience of customer service to the residents.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee, perform and complete preventive, routine and emergency maintenance and work orders as necessary.
- Coordinate month-end duties and responsibilities, including:Pre-inspection of vacant suites;
Ensure suits are “rent ready” and the timely attention to suite turnover work;
- Review work schedules, prioritize work orders and ensure resident issues and service requests are addressed within 24 hours (minor repairs and maintenance tasks).
- Troubleshoot on-the job problems, concerns and complaints.
- Perform daily site inspections, interior and exterior and document all findings; conduct weekly vacant suite inspections.
- Ensure all tools and cleaning equipment is maintained and serviced regularly.
- Practice occupational health and safety and safely manage hazardous materials.
- Oversee quality and efficiency of work for both cleaning and maintenance staff and contractors.
- Accompany vendors and contractors while work is being completed.
- Complete minor plumbing and electrical repairs (such as drain clearing, lighting etc.).
- Familiarize yourself with all the emergency operation of electrical, elevator, boiler, fire panel and safety systems, mechanical systems, sprinkler and timer systems.
- Check readings on pressure and temperature gauges in the mechanical room.
- Maintain up-to date MSD work sheets for maintenance products and adherence by the OSH rules and regulations.
- Maintain up to date service records for all equipment in the building as well as complete scheduled tests and preventive maintenance such as filter changes, etc.
- Ensure the condition and cleanliness of the entire site, common areas, roof, exterior building, garbage areas etc., including litter pick-up, sweeping, snow shoveling and side-walk snow maintenance, pressure washing, or other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensure operations records, files and documentation are maintained accurately and timely and in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure maintenance and watering of outdoor flower pots and beds, seasonally.
- Recommend type and quantity of maintenance supplies to be stocked.
- Emergency response and on-call duty, as required.
- Uphold and report breaches of the rules and regulations of the property.
- Foster an environment to encourage continuous staff development and a strong customer service attitude.
- Other related duties as required. May require heavy lifting.
- Maintain good resident relations, address and document resident complaints and any emergencies in the building which occur during, over and above office hours.
- Further support efforts to ensure resident satisfaction and service delivery through prompt service, ongoing communication and follow up.
- Embrace and proactively supporting BentallGreenOak’s culture of environmental sustainability, and corporate and social responsibility.
- Promptly respond to environmental hazards.
- Promote and ensure energy and utility efficient maintenance of the building.
- Participate in resident and staff community support events as appropriate.
Who You Are:
- Education - High school diploma supplemented with post-secondary courses. WHMIS and First Aid Training an asset.
- Experience - 5 years’ experience in all areas of building operations, including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical and HVAC systems. General building construction knowledge and experience. Able to read and review construction drawings.
- Relationship Skills - Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written in English, superior ability to develop and sustain cooperating working relationships with staff, contractors, the public and especially tenants.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes. Willing to be and available for after-hours callouts in emergency or unavoidable situations.
- Computer Skills - Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with BentallGreenOak (Canada) LP, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BGO, we recognize that each employee’s unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints strengthen our ability to create and deliver the best value to our clients, partners, and stakeholders/investors. Therefore, we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply to our career opportunities.
BentallGreenOak is committed to equitable hiring practices, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation and ensure fairness and equity in our hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada with no restrictions? If you currently have a work permit, please list what kind of work permit it is and the expiration date.
- Plumbing: 5 years (preferred)
- Electrical: 5 years (preferred)
- HVAC: 5 years (preferred)
- Drywall: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location