The Junior Purchaser will be responsible to assist the Purchaser to effectively and efficiently source, negotiate and purchase products and materials and ensure that they are delivered on schedule at the best quality and price, maintain raw material inventory for production as well as job specific material.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop a strong understanding of the Company’s products and needs of internal customers.
- Ensure purchase orders are generated for job specific materials, sub-contractors, packaging supplies, freight, as approved.
- Track and maintain purchase order status and weekly reconciliations monitoring expected dates and updating purchased orders as needed and explaining and reporting on variances and discrepancies.
- Work in conjunction with the Purchaser.
- Anticipate current and future production needs.
- Work to improve quality/performance of materials as required.
- Provide support to receiving/shipping department as required.
- Assist in the negotiate contracts and pricing.
- Understand the cost structure of purchases.
- Maintain accurate reporting information as products change.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
What we can offer you:
- Diploma of bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Purchasing.
- 1+ years of relevant business or purchasing experience. Experience in printing and packaging preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal customers and vendors.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and current internet technologies
- Must be organized and able to manage time well, handling multiple tasks and projects.
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Strong negotiation skills
- Competitive salary
- Benefits 100% paid by the company
- Retirement savings plan contributions
- Sick Leave benefits
- Casual dressing
- On-site Parking