Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Division: AGI Oak Bluff
Location: 140 Parkland Road, Oak Bluff, MB R4G 0A5
AGI is a global food-based infrastructure company publicly traded in Canada. With over 4,200 employees and over 30 global manufacturing brands, AGI is a leading provider of equipment and technology solutions for agricultural commodities including seed, fertilizer, grain and feed systems and an expanding platform for food processing facilities.
The Manufacturing Engineer improves upon the manufacturing processes by reviewing upcoming production, reading, and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports, and conferring with Engineering and Operations to implement operating procedures, and provide efficiency improvements.
In this role, you will assist in the selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and improvement of product designs, ensuring that cost efficiencies, quality and safety standards are achieved, and customer delivery deadlines are met.
This position works closely and in collaboration with the engineering group and the production shop team. They will report directly to the Operations Manager.
- Perform liaison function between engineering and all manufacturing operations for any related issues, problems or improvements
- Read, interpret and propose changes to blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Confer with Engineering and Production to implement operating procedures, standard assembly instructions, and provide efficiency improvements
- Propose revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings and participate in engineering and general design reviews as required
- Work with the production team to design and fabricate manufacturing aids and jigs
- Coordinate engineering changes to ensure instructions for production teams are clear and complied with
- Provide analysis on production performance (routings) to determine possible issues of meeting the desired plan
- Handle all changes and problems related to projects assigned
- Keep all pertinent parties advised of work status, workload, problems, and progress as related to work assignments
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Day shift: Monday to Friday: 7:30am- 4:00pm
- Safety Gear Reimbursement
- Employee Bonus Program
- On the job training and advancement opportunities
- Great company and team culture
- Health, Dental Benefits and Life Insurance
- RRSP/DPSP matching and Employee Stock Purchase Plan with match
- Short/Long term disability
What We Are Looking For
- B.Sc. M.E. is mandatory
- 3-5 years related Mechanical Engineering experience
- Certified LEAN Green Belt or Black Belt considered an asset
- Engineer and/or designer experience with metal fabrication, and mechanical equipment
- Knowledge of machines, tools; including their designs, uses, repairs, and maintenance
- Knowledge of welding standards (CWB/AWS) and techniques
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Experience designing using 3D and/or 2D software
- Must possess a well-rounded knowledge of production processes and drawing interpretation Experience with item masters/BOMs/routings in a standard cost environment required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong project management experience
- Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Word and Excel, Internet, CAD or other drafting programs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and results
- Mechanical and technical skills and knowledge
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Ability to make technical presentations internally and to customers
AGI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.