In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Construction Superintendent to join our team in Yellowknife, NT! In this role you will get to provide leadership, and expertise for the delivery of work packages from design through to execution of the work packages to closeout.
Parsons is the Construction Manager of the Giant Mine Remediation Project. This is a world class remediation project using innovative methods to deliver a safe environment. The project is expected to last over 10 years and is located just outside the City of Yellowknife, NWT. We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Construction Superintendent who has experience managing site operations and projects.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manages execution of work packages for maintenance operations for the mine, as well as construction/remediation work packages. U nderstanding of the intent and details of the design to ensure construction is in compliance with the approved design.
- Oversees and provides leadership/mentoring of the of engineers, inspectors, and Subcontractors executing the work packages, and monitors performance. Responsible for integrating the sequence of all work packages to avoid conflicts and delays.
- Responsible for the progress made on the work packages and to ensure the work is completed in compliance with the scope of work and contract/subcontractor requirements, schedules, budget, meeting quality standards and documentation records are maintained, and meeting safety expectations. Maintaining and updating tracking with current values for contracts and amendments (projected and actual).
- Responsible for the interpretation and implementation of the technical specifications and must be able to assess site conditions and determine if they are consistent with the design. Where site conditions during construction vary from those identified during site investigations, the Superintendent must consult with the Design Engineer to identify design modifications, if needed, to meet actual site and material conditions. Procedures must be in place to document new information as it becomes available and as construction progresses (i.e. from field observations, survey, measurement of performance).
- Responsible for the preparation of technical components of tender documents meeting the work package requirements, and management of internal and external communications regarding tender submissions.
- Ensure there is compliance with all regulatory requirements and monitoring for the work packages.
- Responsible to ensure that proper supervision is continuously present on site during the operations and execution of work packages.
- Quality of construction must be maintained using the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) process for the work packages. QC must involve the actual testing of materials to confirm the facility is constructed in accordance with the technical specifications provided by the Design Engineer. QA must involve a review of the QC data to ensure testing is representative of the earthwork completed. QA must involve additional testing to verify certain QC results. Results from the QA/QC test work including statistical analysis of the data, log of non-conformances, and any deviations from the design must be included in the construction report.
- Control the subcontract closeout checklist workflow including confirmation of substantial completion, performance metric reporting, acquisition of deliverables, punch lists, turnover documents, and final release.
- Collaborates with the Mine Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Environmental Regulator Manager, Engineering Manager and Construction Manager to ensure work packages are completed with knowledge of other Construction Work packages that are being completed concurrently, and to ensure compliance with all regulatory elements and health and safety compliance for work executed by the Subcontractors.
- Preparation of monthly reports on work package progress with schedule and budget compliance assessment for delivery to the Senior Project Manager. May participate on status briefings with the client.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
- Degree in Engineering, Geosciences or related technical/business field or equivalent related experience
- 10+ years of experience in project management, operations and construction management, specifically, in developing project requirements and plans; preparing cost estimates; participating in contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and managing project closeout
- 5+ years of work experience in heavy civil, northern mining or remediation projects, working in Northern Canada
- Knowledgeable of industry practices and regulations
- Professional designation (or the ability to obtain one) as a professional engineer or geoscientist. Experience managing on site activities of multiple subcontractors and addressing and resolving performance issues with Subcontractors
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!