Seems like a great idea! It is, and it’s a Canadian idea. Five volunteers from Winnipeg, Manitoba opened Habitat for Humanity’s first-ever ReStore in 1991. Today, there are over 100 Habitat ReStores across Canada and more than 1,000 worldwide, all raising funds to enable more families to partner with us and access affordable homeownership.
Every Habitat ReStore is different, offering a unique shopping experience for those looking to add something new to their homes. The inventory is always changing, as new items are donated by local residents and businesses daily. Consumers can expect to find items such as windows, doors, paint, hardware, lumber, tools, lighting fixtures, furniture and appliances. Proceeds from the sale of donations to Camrose ReStore support the Habitat for Humanity Camrose Affordable Homeownership Program.
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Habitat for Humanity Camrose ReStore is currently seeking a mature and responsible Associate on a Part-time basis (30 hours/week).
ReStore is a retail outlet open to the public offering high quality new and used building materials, appliances, and home furnishings that have been generously donated by individuals, local businesses, and national corporate partners. Proceeds from ReStore support home construction for local families in our affordable homeownership program.
· Self-motivated, self-directed, and energetic worker
· Problem solving, creativity, ability to think outside the box
· Able to take initiative and follow through on projects
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team
· Experience in retail (receiving, merchandising, stocking, delivering)
· Excellent customer service, cash handling, and phone skills
· Must be able to work 5 days per week, Tuesday through Saturday
· Must be physically fit (job requires up to 50 lbs of lifting)
· Must complete satisfactory police information check and have valid driver’s license
· Must be comfortable driving a cube van after training is provided
· Knowledge of building materials and other home products is an asset
· Experience working with volunteers is an asset
ReStore offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Hourly range is $18.00 to $20.00/hr based on qualifications and experience.
A cover letter, explaining how your experience has prepared you for this position, is required as part of your application. Applications missing a cover letter will be ignored.We thank all applicants for their interest but are only able to contact individuals selected for an interview.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
Habitat Camrose and ReStore follows all local and provincial health directives. All Habitat Camrose staff, volunteers, and customers are required to wear a mask; enhanced cleaning procedures; limiting number of people in store.
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29
Expected start date: 2023-10-03