SCS Manufacturing, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a full-time Laborer to join our team of hard-working, dedicated staff at our production facility in South Nanaimo, BC.
Our ideal candidate has at least two years of experience and isn’t afraid of a fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. We manufacture everything from small parts to steel gravel boxes, so speed, accuracy, and attention to detail are desired traits.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- Matching RRSP contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Benefits after 3 months (health & dental premiums are 100% employer-paid).
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Priority access to TELUS Health Virtual Care (access to a Doctor 24/7, 365 days a year).
- Annual financial donations to volunteer organizations directly supported by our employees.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Supportive, respectful, and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- $20-$24 per hour, with room for more if experience and skill warrant it.
The Laborer at SCS is responsible for a variety of duties including loading, unloading, moving products and materials to designated locations in the warehouse, and assisting in picking and placing materials orders. This position is an important part of the team, requiring the successful candidate to ensure received orders are accurate, and confirming that all inventory transactions are completed and documented. Other duties will involve helping in various areas around the shop such as paint prep, clean-up, and yard maintenance.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience working as a materials handler in a warehouse/shipping environment.
- WHMIS certification.
- Forklift operator's license.
- Able to operate a manual and an electric pallet truck.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- A minimum secondary school education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of safe lifting and handling techniques.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 50 pounds.
SCS Manufacturing, Inc. is a central Vancouver Island manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes, and open-top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients. SCS services the Waste, Construction, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Mining industries in Western Canada and Alaska.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.