We have a lot to be proud of at Nicola Wealth. Our sophisticated financial planning, our diversified private investment funds and their exceptional performance, our 99% client retention rate and our award-winning culture, combine to position us as a national leader in wealth management. Recognized as a Best Managed Company and one of Canada's Top Employers, we are dedicated to upholding our firm's values through this phase of significant growth.
By bringing together smart, dedicated, and supportive colleagues from diverse backgrounds, we deliver extraordinary client service in a values-driven work environment. The collaboration, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit we were founded on provides the opportunity for incoming employees to make a real impact and build a rewarding career. We are passionate about our business, our culture and investing deeply in your growth and development to build the future. If you have this same drive, then let's talk!
We are looking for a Junior Accountant for a 12-month contract. The Junior Accountant will play a key role in the day-to-day operation of the firm by performing bookkeeping, transactional processing and reconciliations as part of the Corporate Finance Team. This role will report directly to the Manager, Corporate Accounting. If you see yourself as part of this exciting growth opportunity and are eager to use your innovative and creative skills, we want to talk to you about joining our team. Additionally, this role is ideal for someone who is in the early stages of pursuing the CPA designation and looking to gain a breadth of experience.
The location of this role will be a hybrid schedule and based in our Vancouver office.
- Full cycle accounting for various corporate legal entities (including not-for-profit).
- Preparation of consolidation and elimination journal entries for Nicola Group of companies.
- Preparing and maintaining reconciliations for various accounts including investments.
- Preparing working papers for external year-end review and audit engagements.
- Preparation of GST/HST remittances and regulatory filings.
- Some processing of accounts payable and banking journal entries, reconciliations and payments.
- Providing additional accounting and administrative support as needed.
- Actively engaging in ongoing learning and development to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 1-3 years of related work experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with IFRS, ASPE, and ASNPO is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with SAGE 300 is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Workday Adaptive Planning is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with Concur SAP is considered an asset.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- You have strong time management skills and the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- You are able to work independently and within a team environment.
- The ability to build solid long-lasting relationships.
- The ability to anticipate problems and solve proactively.
- Close attention to detail, are observant.
- Willing to learn new skills and software.
- You have a high degree of professionalism and maturity.
- The ability to take direction and accept responsibility.
Please include both cover letter and resume in your application. Thank you for your interest in this position. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. For more information about this and other roles: nicolawealth.com/careers