Graham is an employee-owned construction solutions partner that services the buildings, industrial, infrastructure, water and project finance sectors. We deliver lasting value for our clients through meticulous planning and scheduling, while upholding rigorous safety and quality standards. With offices throughout North America, our passionate and knowledgeable teams deliver projects that enable communities to thrive and people to live, work, move and grow in a rapidly changing world. With over nine decades of experience, Graham has the resources, capacity and expertise to undertake projects of every scope, scale and complexity. Join our team to deliver a better tomorrow.
We are seeking top-tier talent to join our Buildings division and deliver innovative projects in the healthcare, education, hospitality, recreational, entertainment, retail, commercial office, mixed-use, multi-family residential and light industrial sectors. As a member of this collaborative team, you can expect a safe, diverse and inclusive environment, and on-going learning and career development opportunities.
About The Role
Working in our Winnipeg Buildings Group will expose you to a wide range of Commercial, Institutional, and Residential projects. As the Project Manager, you will be accountable for project success while mentoring and improving the abilities of others on your team. Creating a strong working relationship with Senior Superintendents to focus on craft needs, give technical leadership, and ensure safety, quality, and productivity match objectives will also be critical to success.
As a Project Manager at Graham, you will:
- Prepare and monitor the project master schedule in conjunction with the Project Management team.
- Ensure records are maintained for drawings and drawing revisions
- Chair project meetings and ensure quality of project meeting minutes.
- Contribute to Estimating of projects, negotiate and select subcontractors to ensure capability of subcontractor to perform, completeness of scope coverage, and best value.
- Prepare project execution plan in conjunction with Superintendent.
- Advise Manager on project execution issues, potential claims, and disputes in a timely fashion.
- Identify required and optional changes in project scope, negotiate change orders with the owner, while ensuring records are maintained
- Ensure updates, preparation, and distribution of bi-weekly schedules are completed, and notify the manager of deviations from schedule in a timely manner.
Prepare the QA / QC project program in conjunction with Expertise group and ensure the plans are thoroughly executed in line with the specifications and code.
- Ensure proper process and execution of material procurement and expediting.
- Ensure project closeout activities such as coordinating documentation for deficiencies, warranties, operation and maintenance information are completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversee Subcontractor Procurement Process.
- Monitor and track equipment and resources inventory.
- Ensure that daily, weekly, and monthly labour, equipment, material, and sub trade costs are administered and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Complete margin forecast in Projects program and review with Manager on each month end.
- Oversee progress invoicing and collection of receivables.
- Act to resolve disputes between the company and owner, or subcontractors when possible, prior to Manager’s involvement.
- Build and maintain effective and efficient working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Provide direction, coach / mentor / develop, review performance, and recommend advancement and dismissal of personnel reporting to the Senior Project Manager.
- Lead, promote, and maintain a positive safety culture within the team, without compromise, by monitoring and measuring HSE goals and expectations using KPIs.
- Take responsibility for the development, implementation, and execution of the Project Specific Safety Plan.
- Ensure responsibility for own health and safety, and that of other workers, visitors to the site(s), the community, and the environment in line with client requirements, Occupational Health and Safety regulations, and all applicable government laws and regulations.
- Review the Field Surveillance Reports and initiate NCRs based on analysis and severity of findings.
- Present information / reports to senior business unit leaders.
Minimum of 8 years direct experience working in a Project Management position.
- Completion of a Construction related Degree or Diploma training program
Ability to train project staff in all aspects of project requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Primavera, OnScreen Takeoff, Bluebeam and BIM modelling is an asset
If this sounds like you, then Graham may be the right fit. Apply today.
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
No unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies, thank you.