- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities
- Internal employee rewards program
- Employee referral program
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and this includes our recruitment and hiring process.
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
*Out of town work*
The General Foreman aids the Superintendent in managing all field and site-specific construction activities, including budget, schedule, performance, subtrades, and profitability of commercial construction projects. This person must be able to communicate effectively with the Superintendent, Project Manager and other field staff. The General Foreman is responsible for helping to provide direction and lead Chandos staff in the field.
- Assist the Superintendent in providing leadership and direction for all project activities and tasks, ensuring project outcomes are delivered successfully and in compliance with all contracts and client needs
- Assist the Superintendent to identify and generate requests for information
- Assist the Superintendent in planning, organizing and managing all site construction manpower and materials, including site layout and setup
- Assist the Superintendent with completion of required documentation, including: superintendent’s daily log, safety documentation, timesheets, invoices, labour quantities, packing slips, purchase orders, and site photos
- Assist the Superintendent to monitor productivities throughout the project life cycle for potential opportunities and losses. Make corrections to maximize gains and mitigate against losses
- Manage subcontractor relationships within assigned projects to maintain timelines and scope of work, and meet contact obligations
- Maximize landfill waste diversion on all projects, and manage construction sites in a sustainable fashion, continuously minimizing Chandos’ impact on the environment
- Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter certification
- Commercial and Civil construction experience
- Must have at least 2 years experience as a supervisor
- Travel required
- Able and willing to work out of town
We are Chandos
Inclusion, collaboration, innovation and courage.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified national technical builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
Chandos only accepts applications through our portal from individuals. All resumes and applications submitted by an agency or consulting firm will be disqualified from our recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- When are you available for an interview?
- Do you have a Journeyman Carpenter certificate?
- What is your biggest project to date? (What was the scale of the project and its dollar amount?)
- How many years experience as a supervisor do you have?
- What kind of projects are you most familiar with? (Institutional, Commercial, Civil, Residential)
- What are your rate/ wage expectations?
- Are you willing to travel out of town for work?
Work Location: In person