- Grade 9 (Manitoba Standards)
- Other combination of education and experience may be considered
- Demonstrated dexterity, and efficient work methods
- Demonstrate organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated flexibility to facilitate changes in techniques and procedures
- Ability to display independent judgment
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality
- Ability to perform the duties of the position on a regular basis
Under the direction of the Manager, Environmental Services or the Environmental Services Supervisor, the Housekeeping Aide is responsible for performing the following activities according to related policies and procedures and any government regulations and legislation: assists in all aspects of housekeeping services in accordance with established standards, procedures, and infection control guidelines; prioritizes and completes all duties, inspections, and inventory responsibilities within established timeframes and schedules; performs all duties in a manner that enhances patient and workplace safety.
- Assists in the training and/or orientation of Environmental Services staff and students.
- Assumes responsibility for following departmental procedures to ensure consistency and quality of service is maintained throughout the Environmental Services Departments.
- Cleans assigned areas in accordance with current established cleaning schedules and infection control guidelines.
- Prioritizes and completes extra cleaning duties within established timeframes and in accordance with current cleaning schedule.
- Conducts daily tours of areas of responsibility prior to end of shift, inspecting each area for cleanliness.
- Ensures all equipment is clean and operating efficiently.
- Performs duties of washing, mopping, waxing, vacuuming, polishing, and dusting using appropriate equipment and products.
- Cleans bed frames and mattresses as scheduled and required.
- Collects waste and washes waste receptacles.
- Clean and maintain housekeeping carts including restocking.
- Restocks supplies in all areas, as assigned and required.
- Assists with inventory procedures.
- Assists/participates in department quality control audits and procedures.
- Sundry duties as assigned.
Open Until Filled
Full Time Indefinite. Term Start Date: To be Determined
This INDEFINITE TERM may expire subject to 24 hours notice of return of the current incumbent
Anticipated shift length:
7.75 hour shifts
As per collective agreement
Dauphin Regional Health Centre (includes Personal Care Home)
Location / Home Base:
HR Posting Number:
Sep 18, 2023