Are you known for your apparel based project/program management/merchandising experience? Do you take pride in your strong leadership and ability to successfully lead and manage multiple projects/programs simultaneously that result is customer satisfaction and successful business outcomes? Do you get excited about working with and leading a team that consistently delivers detailed, quality results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, keep reading because the Senior Program Manager position at EdwardsX, formerly Bishop Custom Clothing, may be for you. Located in the heart of East Vancouver, EdwardsX specializes in designing and manufacturing custom apparel and uniforms for some of North America's leading corporations and creative agencies since 1997. EdwardsX thrives in a space where "Madison Avenue meets the creation of world class custom apparel."
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, goal-driven, hardworking and detail-oriented individual who is excited to join and train, mentor and lead our Program team members.
You MUST live in the Lower Mainland, as this position requires you to be able to work onsite in our Vancouver office on a routine basis.
The Senior Program Manager Professional is responsible for executing seamless and timely project management from start to finish while mentoring their team and colleagues in general, ensuring accuracy through all operations and meeting and exceeding client needs, aiming towards an end result of business expansion both with new and current markets. A successful Senior Project Manager is adept at simplifying processes, managing clients, and having influential input with all stakeholders throughout the development process. This position is ideal for someone with a background in apparel and customer service and believes in replacing good service with exceptional.
You are a highly detailed-oriented, organized and supportive team player who understands a small business requires a wide variety of tasks to be completed within tight deadlines and you are willing to put your full effort behind helping us succeed. You must have demonstrated apparel product development or design experience and have strong working knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, fit and pattern development.
Here's what you can expect in the way of specific job duties and responsibilities as well as time allocation estimates:
Please note that this job description is subject to change as per the evolving needs of the company. It is not exhaustive and may be modified or expanded to align with our business objectives and growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Management (80%)
- Create trackable workback schedules for internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time and meet their agreed upon budget
- Working closely with the team of Technical Designers and be a bridge between the vendor and technical designers to ensure clear communication
- Develop and manage a detailed project schedule and work plan
- Build and foster relationships with our amazing clients and suppliers
- Track project performance and ensure successful completion of milestones throughout the product development lifecycle
- Manage and vet of the occasional inbound sales request
- Submit and ensure vendor fabric, as well as raw material timelines are met
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Monitor and review technical specification within Product Lifecycle Software (PLM); including graded measurement specs, construction details, bill of materials, and packaging instructions
- Build and maintain team WIP (Work in Progress) for holistic project oversight
- Manage risk and potential issues that may arise on any given project and come up with an action plan to resolve those issues
Business Development and Mentoring (20%)
- Lead the internal meetings with production team and external progress meetings with vendorsLead the planning and implementation of projects, costing and delivery timelines
- Partner with cross-functional product development teams and execute new products for specified clients
- Lead the planning and execution of samples for development, regulating the R&D with factories
- Provide strategic input into annual strategic initiative planning and budgeting and introducing new product to existing client OR new clients to existing products
- Defining project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with the senior leadership team
- Attend corporate marketing events and actively promote company brand to outsidersthrough client presentations
- Ensure that fellow teams have a supportive and dynamic workspace and the resources they need to provide excellent service to clients and outside vendors
- Meet with financial and marketing heads to establish periodic revenue goals and implement strategies on a regular basis for new and existing clients
To be successful in this role, you need to have the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities:
- BS degree in Textile & Apparel or similar preferred; or product development internship and completed Textile & Apparel courses
- 5+ years apparel based project/program management/merchandising experience, with some experience leading and mentoring team members
- Strong working knowledge of fabrics, garment construction, fit and pattern development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop
- Highly organized, analytical and detail oriented professional
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver results with excellent follow-through
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be flexible and able to take direction and have a willingness to learn
- Respect for confidentiality practices
- Comfortable working with the PLM system for POs, techpacks and factory communication.
- Hours: Full-time, permanent position (minimum 40 hours per week)
- Some remote work possible, but in-person work is required on a routine basis
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Our ideal Senior Program Manager would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
- Results Oriented –Focused on ensuring all projects are delivered on time, meet design expectations, as well as their agreed upon budget, to maximize gross margin targets.
- Action Orientation – Handles surprises and takes quick action to resolve unexpected issues while still accomplishing accurate and timely completion of projects; prioritize and drive activities with urgency.
- Clear Communication – Communication is direct and factual, focused on tasks that need to be completed; including bridging the gap between vendor and design team to ensure clear communication. Promptly provides information to all stakeholders related to project related issues.
- Innovate Problem Solver –Proactively improve processes and solve problems; troubleshoots custom apparel project issues; seeks out opportunities to innovate and improve garment lifecycle process.
Read more about us at www.edwardsx.com under "Team"
Job Type: Full-time