Sales Representative, Windsor, ON area
for Pacer Building Components, Ilderton, ON (London)
Pacer Building Components is hiring a Sales Representative in the Windsor, Ontario area to join our amazing team in Ilderton, Ontario (London). Pacer Building Components (an Atlas Engineered Products (AEP) Company), is one of Canada’s fastest growing, publicly traded, supplier of trusses, doors, and engineered products, with manufacturing and distribution facilities throughout the country.
The Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting, establishing, and fostering meaningful and lasting relationships with the customer-base. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is primarily responsible for: developing partnerships with customers to fully understand their needs; assist in planning residential and commercial building projects; act as the expert in the area of engineered wood products and building components in order to make total solution recommendations for the customer and their specific project needs; communicate the customer needs to the design and operations teams; work with customers to proactively provide solutions to their needs if and when they come up.
This person will be driven, detail-oriented, collaborative, and passionate about the impact of value-based sales on an organization’s profit generation. Pacer’s focus is on innovation, industry roll-up and consolidation, and the Sales Representative strongly influences the public and market perception of the company brand and story. This is a core role and is responsible for articulating and showcasing our organization’s leading edge products and services.
What can we offer you?
- Extended Heath and Benefits (100% Employer Paid!)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Remote Working Opportunities
- DEI Focused Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Career Opportunities Across Canada
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate intermediate blueprint (Architecture, Structural and Mechanical) reading skills
- Apply knowledge of rough framing and the construction process to interpret customer needs and assist with problem solving
- Demonstrate understanding of local building codes, national building codes, structural analysis, and structural engineering
- Demonstrate expertise in the application of building components and connections of floor (I-Joist and LVL), and roof (truss) systems, tall walls, and other engineered wood products
- Provide superior customer service through proactive customer engagement
- Practice and employ exceptional and effective communication skills
- Develop and maintain trusting and lasting customer relationships
- Demonstrate the ability to articulate exact customer needs to the technical design team
- Employ problem-solving skills to resolve errors or omissions within blueprints
- Consistently work to add value to the customer’s buying experience by making recommendations
- Work collaboratively with co-workers and vendors to support customers’ needs
- Collaborate with the design, operations, and marketing teams to drive profitable sales growth and increase market share
- Achieve monthly and annual sales targets
- Utilize and seek out market research to aid in strategic sourcing and partnering of clients
- Prospect, acquire, and develop new customer accounts
- Increase the customer-base by strategically targeting clients with increased likelihood of long-term customer relationships (such as targeting home builders and condo builders);
- Increase monthly sales total by achieving the benchmarks outlined in your sales plan
- Demonstrate a consistent drive to increase your sales closing ratio by ensuring your quoting is targeted, accurate, and values-based
- Remain current with trends and the needs of customers to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and overall profit-growth.
Qualifications and Experiences:
- 3 + years of sales experience in a fast-paced industry;
- 3+ years of customer service experience;
- Experience with the application of building components
- Experience in blueprint reading
- Experience in framing and construction
- Experience working with local and national building code
- Experience working with small, dynamic, teams with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A strong ability to remain nimble and responsive to a fast-paced and competitive industry, while consistently producing high quality work
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills needed to work effectively internally and externally
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with members of the Senior Leadership and Executive teams
- Ability to collaboratively work with and represent people of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Ability to work with other AEP team members to share professional skills
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform detail-oriented and/or repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to set realistic objectives
- Ability to learn, adopt, and apply new technologies, practices, and solutions in an effective manner
- Ability to collaboratively work with people of all ages, backgrounds, and perspectives
- Self-motivated and a team player
This is primarily a remote position, however, the incumbent will be required to come to the office located in Ilderton, Ontario as required for meetings, events etc.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a core value of Pacer that is supported and demonstrated across our entire organization. All applicants, regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, disability, nation of origin, age, or religion, will be given fair and equal treatment and consideration.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter by clicking APPLY below.
Please note: While we appreciate your interest in this exciting opportunity, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person