The Glencoe Club is a private, family-oriented sports and social club located in the Elbow Park neighborhood of Calgary, Alberta. Our facility boasts a full-service food & beverage department as well as eight sport facilities. These facilities include curling, bowling, skating, aquatics, squash, tennis, badminton, climbing centre, fitness centre, indoor playground, pro shop, wellness centre, physiotherapy, childcare, and registered preschool.
A little about you…
You love food, you value experiences. You are a go-getter with a “let’s do this” attitude. You thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, and you appreciate building connections and relationships with both members and employees alike.
A little about us…
The Glencoe Club has an exciting opportunity for an F&B Server. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced F&B Server with a strong passion for the Food & Beverage industry combined with exceptional member and employee service values and skills in this innovative dining space.We aspire “to be our members’ second home, providing excellence in all that we do” – you will carry this vision through all that you do.
- Providing an exceptional dining experience with prompt, efficient and friendly service to members and their guests
- Effectively address member concerns immediately if possible, and take to supervisor when needed
· Ensures the physical areas are well appointed, clean and maintained
· Actively contribute to Food & Beverage department teamwork and collaboration
· Ensure timely and effective two way communication between members, guests, staff and supervisor
· Ensure all preparation and closing procedures or completed
· Ensures compliance with all Glencoe Health and Safety standards, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations and the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission License requirements
· Ensures members are aware of and adhere to Rules and Regulations
· Attend all required meetings and in-house training sessions
· Other assignments as required
· A minimum of two years of related food and beverage experience required
· ProServe Certification is required
· Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED Certification is an asset
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
· A positive attitude and a friendly smile
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Clear communication skills
This is a Full Time position that will involve a variety of day, evening and weekend shifts totaling more than 30 hours per week, so a flexible schedule is required.
The Glencoe Club offers an excellent working environment featuring opportunities for training and development, employee recognition programs, and a variety of wellness programs.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal background check, and Respect in the Workplace online certification.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in response to this posting.
Additional information about The Glencoe Club can be found at our website: www.glencoe.orgor www.glencoejobs.org.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person