*Read about our shift bonuses*
Join Our Team
Since opening our first retirement community in 1989, Berwick Retirement Communities has been committed to offering quality retirement living and now owns eight residences across BC. We are proud to be Island owned & managed.
Berwick Retirement Communities promotes an environment which integrates hospitality with superior customer service and care. As a member of the Berwick team you will uphold a philosophy that respects choice, independence and autonomy for our residents.
Berwick on the Lake retirement community is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse who is reliable, authentic, and excited to make a difference in the lives of people. As part of a dynamic team environment, your unique sense of humour, optimism, and ability to work well with seniors, will lead to a flourishing career with a company that supports your personal and professional growth.
Casual - Days, Evenings and Night shifts as needed. This position is temporary.
$29.09- $37.08 (includes Covid-19 wage subsidy and shift differentials) an hour, plus a temporary $4.50/hr premium. Wage is negotiable based on experience.
Wouldn’t it be great to work someplace with:
- A small resident count of 15, with time to focus on resident care and connection.
- A hospitality driven environment.
- A small team of caring individuals.
- Fair pay & benefits.
- The ability to offer you vacation time you can actually take when you want it; your work/life balance is a priority.
- Management that respects and encourages your ideas and feedback.
- Time in each shift to get to know the residents you are caring for.
- Free parking, reasonably priced meals.
- Shift bonuses on short notice shifts, evenings are an additional $40.00 per shift and nights are an additional $50.00 per shift.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Meal Program
- Complimentary Onsite Gym Use
- Vacation starting at 6%
- Employee Perks Discount Program
Under the direction of the BRIO Team Leader, the LPN is directly responsible to provide care and assessment for the residents in the Licensed Residential Care Unit. The LPN initiates the planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans. The LPN administers medications, accurately records resident information and performs other clinical procedures as required within the LPN scope of practice, his/her competency level and the organization’s policies and procedures. The LPN directs and supervises the Resident Care Aides actively on duty.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An active membership with the BCCNM
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Completion of Food Safe and WHMIS certificates
- Experience in the field of geriatrics and willingness to keep self current on same
- Trained in full scope LPN practice and ability to perform duties based on individual competencies
- Good clinical, communication and problem solving skills, and an ability to work well with seniors, their families and the public
- Knowledge of methods of transfer, and capable of supporting residents with varying degrees of mobility
- Physically able to lift, bend and perform repetitive movement
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Residential Care Regulations to ensure a high standard of safe and quality care delivery
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing and nursing procedures
Skills & Abilities:
- Tact, sound judgment & confidentiality
- Patience & reliability
- Relationship building & team oriented
- Excellent communication including verbal & written, listening, understanding & responding
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer relationships and hospitality by being caring and courteous to residents, families, visitors, and co-workers
- Problem solving & conflict resolution skills
- Meeting ethical guidelines and professional standards
Note: *A criminal record check is required pursuant to the Criminal Records Review Act for working with vulnerable adults. TB test and proof of Covid-19 Vaccination also required.
What our staff are saying about working with Berwick Retirement Communities:
I love working at Berwick. Each day presents different opportunities to challenge ourselves. I get to work closely with staff and residents to ensure that the programs we offer are the highest quality and most up to date. We have such a great team that supports each one other and inspires me to do my best.
- Jacqueline, Active Living Manager, Berwick on the Park since 2017.
It has been my pleasure to work at Berwick these past years as a Resident Care Aide. I have enjoyed sharing many touching moments with residents and staff; they are all like family to me.
- Heather, Enhanced Living Services, Berwick House since 2008.
Working at Berwick has been a very meaningful and rewarding experience. Being able to connect with the residents and the staff in many different aspects makes each day special. The teams all work well together and complement one another to make your day feel very successful.
-Melissa, Operations Support Manager Berwick on the Lake since 2021.
I love working with the Marquise and Berwick team. Together we are a family who demonstrates pride, dedication, loyalty within our team. It is so easy to come to work when you absolutely love your job. It is a pleasure to watch my team grow with our residents as it brings them so much joy to listen to their stories; residents become our family as well.
-Marlo, Director of Hospitality at Berwick Comox Valley since 2015.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $33.59-$41.58 per hour
- Do you have your Covid-19 Vaccinations
Work Location: In person