Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $39.14 - $48.88 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health continues to be recognized as one of BC's Top Employers, are you someone who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others?
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations. Our team of 43,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We have an exciting Casual opportunity for a Case Manager to join our Maple Ridge Treatment Centre team located in Maple Ridge, BC.
Effective October 26th, 2021, all new hires to Fraser Health will need to have full COVID 19 vaccination (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and individual medical exemptions must be approved by the Provincial Health Officer.
Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation with you.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
Curious to learn what it’s like to work here? Like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.
Detailed Overview: Provides intake, assessment, case management, crisis management and referral services to male adults who are experiencing issues related to problematic substance use and/or addictions. Responsibilities:
- Provides intake screening, assessment, referral, triage and short-term treatment by providing psychosocial assessment, initial counselling, urgent response crisis stabilization, conflict resolution, and assessing for referral to services; develops treatment plans in collaboration with other health care professionals.
- On client admission, provides the following: completes on-site intake and updates electronic clinical record as required; provides facility orientation.
- Supports clients and their families to manage self-care, develop social and emotional skills, and prevent relapses through supportive coaching, demonstrations, modeling, behaviour management via facilitation of interactive activities such as individual and group workshops and meetings. Encourages socialization and support among tenants and program participants; works with clients to promote informed decision making and to improve their quality of life.
- Facilitates client utilization of appropriate community services and rehabilitative programs by researching and liaising with available services, providing related advice and consultation to clients, and providing referrals to appropriate community treatment alternatives and services, including residential programs, family therapy, marital and separation counselling, alcohol and drug treatment, victim assistance, employee assistance programs, clubhouses, transition homes, vocational programs and other agencies. Utilizes available community resources such as volunteers, community groups, alternate care services and other service agencies to develop supportive and rehabilitative programs for adults and their families.
- Performs risk assessment for suicide, homicide or violence when indicated; determines the strengths of the client and community supports that they have available to them; advises client of alternative services that should be considered; documents the onset, duration and severity of the current problem.
- Monitors clients to ensure compliance with medication orders as well as assess potential side effects; provides brief initial crisis intervention counselling; contacts 911 Emergency, hospital emergency or family physician when necessary.
- Contributes to team building and program and policy development by participating in regular team meetings, peer review processes and clinical rounds.
- Initiates and participates in individual professional development; maintains current knowledge and skills in relation to addiction, dual diagnosis, and men's and family issues. Keeps abreast of community resources especially as it relates to referral sources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Clinical Counselling, or other relevant health related discipline, plus two (2) years recent related experience providing treatment and case management to individuals with problematic substance use issues or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Eligible for registration with relevant/applicable professional association.
Valid Standard First Aid - CPR C with automated external defibrillator certificate.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated case management, client assessment and counselling skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of addictions and substance use issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, empathically and respectfully in English, both verbally and in writing, appropriate to the situation.
- Demonstrated ability to establish rapport with clients, families, and members of the interdisciplinary team, and to effectively network with other services and agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize changing caseload needs and work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of community resources and how to access them.
- Comprehensive knowledge of emergency triage procedures, mental health status assessment, counselling principles and interview techniques. Working knowledge of psychopharmacology, crisis theory, DSM V, substance use resources and de-escalation techniques.
- Ability to operate related equipment including related software applications.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.