" Join our team and make a difference in the lives of patients with respiratory
West Park Healthcare Centre helps patients recover by providing inpatient, outpatient, and outreach services in specialized rehabilitation and complex care after a life-altering illness, disease, or injury such as lung disease, amputation, stroke, and musculoskeletal trauma.
This year is exciting for West Park as our 27-acre site will be transformed into an integrated campus of care, including a new hospital building and additional community supports such as assisted living for persons with disabilities and seniors.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) is responsible for providing comprehensive respiratory assessments and management plans for patients with respiratory conditions. Our RRTs are front-line healthcare providers who provide respiratory therapy service 24/7 and work within multiple interdisciplinary teams throughout the Center.
"New Grads are welcome to apply"
- Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario(CRTO).
- Graduate of an accredited program for Respiratory Therapy.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is preferred.
- Membership in CSRT/RTSO .
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills as they relate to patient care · as they relate to patient care and ventilation management.
- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary healthcare team environment.
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and ongoing professional development.
- Delivers care with a patient-focused approach.
- Competent in a variety of computer skills including electronic medical record documentation.
- Care and management of mechanically ventilated patients in accordance with centre`s guidelines and policies.
- Experience in Pulmonary function testing(PFT) is an asset.
- Airway management including intubation and providing positive/negative pressure ventilator management
- Arterial line insertion and Tracheostomy tube management and oxygen therapy assessments/management.
- Identifies and addresses the educational needs of patients and families.
- Provides patient care in accordance with all professional and organizational Standards
- Responsible to perform arterial blood gas sampling and analysis
- Provide clinical leadership during a Code Blue.
The RRTs will participate in student supervision, providing education and training to external partners. RRTs are required to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings, nights and weekends).
Note: All West Park Healthcare Centre employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the hospital’s COVID-19 Immunization Policy. Accommodations to this requirement under the Ontario Human Rights Code may be available subject to supporting evidence.
At West Park Healthcare Centre, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment, an important part of living our brand. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community. Our accessible employment practices are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter. For further assistance please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
Job Types: Casual, Permanent, Part-time, Full-time, Fixed term contract
Part-time hours: 37.5 per week
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M6M 2J5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Are you registered and in good standing with of Registered Respiratory Therapist?
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person