Contracts & Permits Manager: Residential Home Builder
Contracts & Permits Manager wanted for high volume low/mid-rise residential builder in Barrie. Located in-office downtown Barrie - NO HYBRID or REMOTE OPPORTUNITIES.
- 3-5 years construction management experience in equivalent role with the capability in leading a small team.
- propose tender strategies based on market trends and ability to execute approved tender rollouts with robust packages and timelines to best capture cost savings.
- expertise in commercial and technical analysis with experience in alternate contract awarding strategies.
- must maintain excellent working relationships with consultants and be comfortable negotiating with subcontractors, designers, architects and building officials at senior levels. Assist VP Operations and VP Construction to mitigate both drawing discrepancies and subcontractor scope clarifications.
- fluency in writing residential construction scopes of work.
- develop work back schedules based on hard-stop deadlines provided by senior management.
- manage permit application schedules and coordinate City comments with appropriate consultants.
- strong attention to detail and ability to maintain organization and tight deadlines. Comfortable handling extremely fast-paced work environment is a must.
- exemplify creative problem-solving skills and ability to keep a team moving forward.
- construction experience dealing with trades for a high volume low/mid-rise residential home builder.
- familiarity with OBC and residential construction law required.
- BCIN an asset.
- M-F 8am-5pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barrie, ON L4M 1L7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of experience do you have dealing with negotiating tenders with trades to benefit a residential home builder?
Work Location: In person