Under general supervision, the Adjuster is responsible for adjusting all types of physical and property damage claims. The position meets with customers to obtain facts for the investigation to assess liability and confirm coverage for physical damage claims.
- Represents MPI in the handling of insurance claims by providing exceptional customer service.
- Meets with customers to obtain facts and information about the claim.
Resolves claims using listening skills, resiliency, patience and empathy.
- Establishes credibility with customers by clearly explaining the claims process including timelines, benefits, coverage, quantum, subrogation, liability and driver safety rating (DSR) and deductible impacts.
- Communicates with customers, witnesses, third parties and other business partners, in a timely manner, by telephone, written correspondence and in person.
- Processes claims within established customer service standards.
Investigates, assesses, negotiates and settles all types of physical and property damage claims.
- Reviews all physical damage claims to confirm coverage, liability and quantum.
Contacts witnesses, passengers, first responders, law enforcement, hospitals, and tow truck operators to collect information.
- Visits accident scenes as required and reviews video footage.
- Interprets, analyses and confirms coverage in accordance with provincial acts, regulations and legislation.
- Makes recommendations for approval or denial of a claim, when coverage issues exist.
- Identifies and prepares appropriate demands for subrogation and recoveries when coverage is in breach.
- Works with repair shops to ensure customer vehicles are returned to pre-accident condition.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Two course credits from the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) Program.
Three years of general office and/or customer service experience.
Post secondary diploma from a recognized institution
One year of general office and/or customer service experience.
We offer a comprehensive health benefits program that includes:
flexible health, dental and vision plans
health spending account
travel health coverage
other extended health benefits such as ambulance, massage and physiotherapy
In an effort to support financial security, we offer:
registered pension plan
group, dependent, and optional life insurance coverage
critical illness insurance
sick leave to cover short-term disability
We offer programs that focus on how to better achieve a balance between work and personal commitments, as well as maintain a healthy workplace culture. This includes:
maternity, parental and adoptive leaves
bereavement and family responsibility leaves
employee and family assistance program
discounted gym memberships and wellness account
Diversity and inclusion
Manitoba Public Insurance believes that diversity and inclusion strengthens us. We consider ourselves to be a barrier-free organization where individual values, beliefs and practices are respected and appreciated for the diversity they bring to our work life.
It’s important to recognize our employees for their contributions. Not only do we recognize employees as they achieve milestone years in their careers, we also have several outlets for leaders and peers to reward each other for work well done.
We want our employees to grow, which is why we offer support in keeping their skills up-to-date. We offer in-house training, professional development and an educational assistance program.
Safety and health
In an effort to encourage a safe and healthy work environment, we offer various safety, health and workplace policies and programs along with technical expertise and assistance to support employee activities in safety and health.