Neelands is a family owned, private Canadian company that has been in the refrigeration and HVAC business since 1958. We have a long history of providing comprehensive refrigeration and HVAC design, installation, and service offerings to Supermarkets as well as Commercial and Industrial markets across North America. We are a leader in advanced refrigeration technologies and state of the art products, offering turnkey solutions for new construction, retrofits for existing facilities, system controls, HVAC services, and sustainable energy services.
Since 1958, Neelands has been providing industry-leading and customized solutions for a broad range of industries and businesses. We are proud to have a dedicated and highly skilled technical team that is focused on refrigeration, HVAC, energy management, controls, equipment sales, and service and maintenance.
Neelands Group began as a family-run business and, to this day, we treat our team like extended family. We offer a competitive salary, learning opportunities, and a range of benefits.
Neelands is searching for an Entry Level Accounts Payable Clerk in our Burlington office. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, Ideal candidate will be customer-centric with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Prioritizing tasks and effective time management a must in our high-volume environment.
- Accurately reviewing and processing AP invoices within cross border companies, coding invoices, matching invoices to Purchase Orders, and maintaining positive relationships with our vendors – high volume output of 150-200 invoices per day
- Applying payments to AP invoices within the ERP system
- Supporting internal and external customers in Canada and the USA
- Reconciling vendor statements monthly to ensure all outstanding invoices are processed
- Reviewing and processing high volume expenses into accounting system for weekly payroll processing – able to provide flexibility and strong time management skills to meet strict deadlines
- Keying and verifying accuracy of data entered and correct discrepancies
- Creating and maintaining data on spreadsheets for distribution to management
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
What you Bring to the Team:
- 1+ years of experience in an accounts payable and receivable, payroll, or similar role
- Degree/diploma in accounting, finance, commerce, or related discipline is considered an asset
- Computer literacy including a proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook Experience with Microsoft Great Plains or Acumatica also an asset
- Experience with Spend Clarity – Next Logic -corporate credit card platform management an asset
- Demonstrated organization, time management and high volume accuracy with data entry
- A friendly and professional approach to dealing with vendors and coworkers
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to take initiative to understand and complete goals and objectives
- A self-starter who is highly effective working independently and within a team
- Flexibility to get the task completed
- Ability to perform in a high pressure, time-sensitive environment to meet weekly deadlines
- Organizational skills and problem solving with respect to multi-tasking and prioritization of responsibilities
- A keen attention to detail
- A positive, hands-on, “can-do” attitude
- Accounts Payable Experience
Why join Neelands?
- Paid Time Off – Vacation & Sick Days
- Health Benefits
- RRSP/DPSP match
- Competitive Salary
- Paid weekly
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional Development and Training
Neelands Group Limited is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with Accessibility standards and regulations. If applicants require accommodation for a disability during the recruitment process, they must make their needs known in advance. Please notify Human Resources or the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview.
If you are a team player and you are looking for an opportunity to grow with Neelands, we encourage you to submit your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Neelands; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or agencies.
Neelands is an equal opportunity employer.
Accommodations are available upon request. If applicable, please inform Neelands Group Limited of accommodations that are required during the recruitment process.