The objective of this role is to prepare and deliver global business development strategies, increase company revenue by identifying profitable new business opportunities, maintain and grow the company's business presence in its existing key regions and sectors on a global basis.
As Global BD director, your key responsibilities will be:
Develop and manage new strategic client partnerships to grow the business globally and achieve strategic growth goals
- Build a pipeline of new business opportunities and deliver new business revenues and profitability
- Initiate and own relationships with prospective customers
- Establishing strong collaboration with the company's Sales & Marketing Director and Key Account Management teams
- Recommend ways to improve operations, plan, advise and notify operators and partners on key business development activities, emerging opportunities and risks
- Research emerging market trends and recommend new company offerings and solutions to meet customer needs, leverage industry contacts and assess the potential of business partners or project opportunities
- Participate in tender review processes and collaborate with sales team in delivering effective RFPs. Ensure successful transition from proposal preparation, submission to contract award stage
- Business development reporting in line with company standards
- To be a member of and collaborate closely with the senior executive management team and key strategic consultants
To be a successful applicant for this role, you must have the below experience and attributes:
10-15 years Business Development Director or Business Development experience in an international Precious Metals Operations/Sales, Supply Chain and /or logistics industry. Our client acts as a high level agent / broker connecting these value chains across currency, commodities, cargo so any synergetic experience will be highly desirable
- Ability to lead and achieve results independently and through global teams
- Regional / global exposure in a business development capacity (i.e. MEA / EMEA / APAC + level)
- Top level of presentability, authority and communication representing the firm at the highest level internationally
- Strong sales mentality with a revenue driven mindset
- University graduated with a degree in business
Our client is a global leading international specialist logistics provider active in over 70 countries with offices around the globe. They are a young and agile business that has achieved a lot in a short span of time. They are now seeking a Global BD Director that will be reporting to the CEO of the business directly. This is a key role for the company as this individual will spearhead all things commercial strategy and will take over new business.
This role can be based either in Dubai, New York, London, Zurich or elsewhere depending on the situation.
Overall cash package on offer USD 180,000 - 220,000 per annum
- Commission / Incentive Scheme on top (can be a highly lucrative sum on top)
- Private company benefits