About the job:
OneSource EHS is looking for a Safety Manager to join our team. We are looking for someone who has construction safety management experience on electricity infrastructure projects. This position will report directly to our client’s Director of Safety and have full responsibility for managing safety on one of Canada’s largest energy projects. The position will be based out of the greater Toronto, ON area.
The Safety Manager will be responsible for administering and implementing the Health and Safety programs that ensure compliance with statutory requirements to promote safe and healthy working conditions. Performs complex assignments, maintains schedules, directs professional team members and contractors, and follows the direction of the designated client representative. The Safety Manager will support, create, manage, and implement environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Manages day-to-day project safety initiatives including the scheduling of EHS personnel for maximum support of the project.
- Provide oversight of regulations and policies.
- Assist with development of site-specific plans and procedures covering a variety of safety issues.
- Implement site safety plans and procedures.
- Coordinate collection and analysis of safety metrics throughout the year.
- Lead Incident Investigations.
- Collect data, establish facts, perform root cause analysis and draws valid conclusions. Report to Corporate Health and Safety recommending corrective and preventative actions.
- Prepare required documentation and incident reporting and create safety alerts.
- Develop hazard mitigation practices while overseeing Site Safety auditing practices.
- Monitor, maintain, and implement Safety Management System programs to ensure compliance in accordance with all company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Observe and ensure implementation of Safe Work Practices on site including compliance with site safety requirements.
- Evaluate hazards in work tasks, work environments, and JSA’s with team.
- Conduct or coordinate the scheduling of any safety training required.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or a related field.
- Certified Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Health and Safety management, preferably on large manufacturing or construction projects.
- Sound knowledge of HSE systems, metrics, KPIs and tools, statistical methods, Continuous Improvement methodology and a understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and deliver sustainable and superior results.
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $90,207.78-$105,436.43 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person