Medisca is a global corporation with locations throughout North America, Australia, and Europe, that contributes to healthcare by leveraging strong partnerships that deliver customized solutions with an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation. Backed by 30+ years and a strong foundation in pharmaceutical compounding, Medisca is a business-to-business company that delivers comprehensive offerings by providing value, consistency, responsiveness, and loyalty. From pharmaceutical compounding products and services, to supply chain solutions, mixing technology manufacturing, analytical testing, IP licensing, to education services and more – Medisca delivers extensive solutions that leverages a strong network of partners committed to deeply caring about people. As Partners in Wellness, Medisca offers an unfailing devotion to improving lives, across a multitude of needs and across a multitude of people.
The Power BI Developer is responsible to design proper data models that support business analytics, proper workspace management, governance, data security, source code management and Power BI (PBI) administration. The Developer leverages best practices for developing high-quality datasets and visually stunning reports to ensure informed data-driven decision-making.
The Developer will work in both a team environment and operate independently to help drive the development of the analytics portfolio. They have highly developed capabilities in data visualization and reporting in PBI. The role requires the individual to take in reporting requirements, assess functionality, focus on user experience and analyze data for consistency. The individual should be able to quickly familiarize themselves with the data and then execute on transforming that information into actionable insights.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Dashboard Design and Development:
- Present a cohesive and compelling data narrative to end-users, effectively conveying insights derived from complex datasets. Crafting data stories that resonate with stakeholders and guide strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand their data requirements and business questions and translate them into effective visual date-driven Power BI dashboards and reports.
- Design visually appealing and user-friendly interactive dashboards that provide actionable insights to various departments.
- Develop reports and dashboards that encourage user self-sufficiency and provide actionable insights.
- Utilize expertise in Power BI development to create interactive visualizations, dashboards, and KPI scorecards that adhere to modern UI/UX best practices.
- Create insightful reports, carefully crafted visualizations, interactive dashboards, and performance-driven KPI scorecards by utilizing cutting-edge visualization techniques.
- Effectively communicate a coherent narrative through data visualization to end users.
Data Integration and Modeling:
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from multiple sources, ensuring data accuracy, consistency, and reliability for reporting purposes.
- Utilize Power Query to shape, clean, and transform raw data into usable formats.
- Apply your demonstrated experience in working with relational databases, particularly SQL Server and PostgreSQL, to design, optimize, and maintain database structures that support efficient data storage and retrieval.
- Leverage your mastery of TSQL, Power Query, DAX, and M to extract, transform, and load data from various sources, ensuring data accuracy and consistency.
- Utilize your proficiency in the Microsoft BI stack, encompassing TSQL, Power BI, Power Query, DAX, M, SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS, to design and develop data solutions that cater to diverse business requirements.
- Monitor and enhance the performance of Power BI reports and dashboards, optimizing queries, data refresh schedules, and overall user experience.
- Proactively monitor and evaluate the impact of monthly Power BI releases, ensuring that the organization stays up-to-date with the latest features and enhancements.
- Proficiently configure and manage the Microsoft Power BI Service environment to ensure optimal performance, security, and user satisfaction.
- Continuous advance the BI ecosystem, thru new products, innovations and integrations.
Documentation and Governance:
- Actively participate in regulatory and compliance initiatives that impact the safe storage and usage of our data.
- Document business requirements, processes, and workflows to ensure clear understanding and alignment among stakeholders.
- Create and maintain documentation for data models, transformations, and dashboard specifications to ensure knowledge transfer and maintainability.
- Assist in administration, and deployment of Power BI content, including content distribution, training, and support.
- Champion leading Power BI design methodology and best practices.
Data Analysis and Evangelization:
- Extract data from various sources and perform exploratory data analysis, cleansing, reshaping, and aggregating data to prepare it for visualization.
- Evangelize data analytics best practices among peers and stakeholders, promoting data-driven decision-making culture.
- Extract, manipulate and analyze data via Dataflows, Data Warehouses and Dashboards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including business analysts and data scientists, to understand requirements and deliver cohesive solutions.
User Training and Support:
- Conduct training sessions for end-users to empower them to effectively navigate and utilize Power BI dashboards.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot issues related to Power BI reports and data visualizations.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business; or Science, technology, engineering, mathematics or equivalent preferred.
- Microsoft Power BI Certification is considered and asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ proven experience as a Power BI Developer or similar role, with a strong portfolio showcasing impactful dashboards and reports.
- In depth knowledge of Power BI, daily use, setup, configurations and best practices.
- Expert level in designing and developing BI reports/dashboards.
- Understanding of the Microsoft services environment.
- Ability to document, design and model solutions and explain, present and discuss with internal and external teams.
- Knowledge and expertise in business intelligence, database and other BI tools, etc.
- Proven experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in defining ETL and data pipelines.
- Experience with the Microsoft BI stack, including TSQL, Power BI, Power Query, DAX, M, and SSAS, SSRS, SSIS .
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Teams and Excel) required
- Excellent communication skills; fluent French (in Québec) and English (oral & written) required *
- Ability to communicate with business and technical teams.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills, very customer focused and professional.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented, and able to work independently and self-prioritize tasks.
What’s in it for you…
We invest time and resources into making sure Medisca is as good as the people we hire.
- Work/Life Balance - 37.50 hour workweek with early Fridays all year long, PTO and vacation policy
- Invest in your health – Choice of modular plans, health spending account and free Telemedicine
- Flexible work environment – Hybrid work schedule with home office reimbursement program
- Your Future is Bright – Opportunities to learn and grow within Medisca
- Save for your Future – Medisca contributes to a deferred profit sharing plan (DPSP) when you invest in RRSPs
- Help us grow – Employee Referral Program
- Central location - Free parking/accessible by public transportation; a commercial center is within walking distance for lunch or groceries
- We like to have fun – company events throughout the year
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.