Equals Brewing Company was founded in 2018 and has quickly grown to be a well-respected partner in producing great beers, ciders, and ready-to-drink products for many of Ontario’s and Canada’s favourite breweries and brands. Equals launched Bangarang Hard Seltzer in 2020, which has grown to be one of the fastest-growing RTD brands in Ontario. In 2021, Equals launched Shake Lager, which won a gold medal in its first appearance at the Canadian Brewing Awards. More recently, Equals acquired the successful Side Launch brand to add to our growing portfolio of award-winning alcoholic beverages.
We know the key to our success and fast growth is because of our people and teams! We are looking for a passionate, driven, and intelligent individual to join our team and become a part of a vibrant and fun culture. As a growing company, we are looking for individuals who are ready to take initiative and deliver results.
The Accountant will be responsible for providing direct support to the Director of Finance, focusing on month-end processes and reconciliations, and assisting the team with modeling, reporting, budgeting, and other financial systems in place. Accounts Payable processing will also sit with this role. The successful candidate will have strong mathematical acumen, written and verbal communication skills, and a good understanding of accounting and financial principles. This role is great for career development and growth opportunities.
- Assist the finance team through month-end and year-end processes and work with other department managers to ensure information is collected in a timely manner to meet company deadlines
- Takes responsibility and ownership for accounts payable processing and subsidiary businesses which will include the reconciliations required
- Work with teams and other managers to develop and maintain an analysis report to distribute to key users
- Assist the Director of Finance and Finance team with modeling, budgeting, and system activation and management throughout the finance department
- Actively participate in the development and tracking of departmental and individual objectives
- Oversee daily reports and processes of the finance department to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reviews financial processes and current activities to bring suggestions and improvements forward for review
- Participates in the execution of the procedures, policies, and systems changes to ensure compliance and scaling of the business
- Support other departments with financial processes and reporting to ensure accuracy, integrity, and efficient sharing of information that supports the achievement of departmental objectives
- Other duties as assigned
- A post-secondary degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a finance or accounting role in a manufacturing or brewery environment
- Strong quantitative skills and strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Expert knowledge of finance and account procedures and regulations
- CPA designation is considered an asset
- Experience with financial modeling and project management
- Understands the need for confidentiality and thoroughness
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to achieve goals and meet tight deadlines
- Strong technical aptitude using Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets to build reports and tables
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected to proceed will be contacted.
The strength of Equals Brewing comes from our diverse team members. We are an equal-opportunity employer and encourage everyone with relevant qualifications to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to participate in the process and require accommodation, please let us know in advance.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Finance/Accounting: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person