Hammond Power Solutions Inc. is a global manufacturer headquartered in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. HPS has grown to become the leader in North America in the custom design and manufacture of dry type transformers. For the past century, HPS has grown to deliver electrical power solutions to global markets and provides solutions for complex applications like, mining, rectifier, drives, traction, wind, solar and many other electrical power applications. The world relies on HPS to continually conceive and produce state-of-the-art transformer technology. We currently have an opening for a Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering Intern / Co-op Student come grow with us!
We are seeking a creative and innovative Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering Intern / Co-op Student to be a part of our dynamic Manufacturing Engineering Team, to assist with plant projects, equipment calibration, process optimization (work, time and reliability studies). The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for the design and implementation of efficient, cost-effective transformer construction process at multiple plants, ensuring regulatory compliance in each jurisdiction. They manage the manufacturing process capabilities and ensure availability to meet sales demand requirements.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern/Co-op Student will have an integral role in the continued enhancement of manufacturing systems and procedures. Focus will be on refining methods and labor requirements to improve scheduling accuracy and capacity loading. The successful candidate will gain exposure to a variety of manufacturing processes, tooling design and process optimization. Successful candidates will be operating within an ISO9001 environment with active involvement in Lean Manufacturing/Kaizen and 5S.
- 4th year or graduate from a B.Sc. or B.Eng. (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering) or Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering at a college level (technician or technologist)
- Enjoy technical challenges and can implement change within legacy systems Work effectively with design engineering, manufacturing & purchasing, including suppliers and contractors
- Ability to prepare technical documentation and develop appropriate training materials
- Awareness of relevant industry standards and regulatory bodies – WHMIS, UL, CSA, CE, MOL
- Familiarity with MS Office, VBA and CAD (AutoCAD, SolidWorks)
- Initiative to take a project to completion with minimal direction
- Ability to develop new concepts, offer innovative ideas and solutions
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and fundamentals
Hammond Power Solutions offers employees a full range of benefits including Group Health and Wellness, Employer Matching Pension Plan, Employee Share Ownership Program, Student Scholarships, Training and Educational Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Programs.
Job Types: Internship / Co-op, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person